- One of NSW’s largest community sporting associations
- “Hands-on” strategic and operational leadership position
- Stakeholder and member engagement focus
NWSF is responsible for the management and promotion of football in the north-west suburbs of Sydney area. Formed from the merger of Gladesville Hornsby Football Association and North West Sydney Women’s Football Association in 2019, NWSF has over 16,500 players from 34 member Clubs, making it one of the largest community sporting associations in NSW. Providing all people the chance to play football, NWSF caters across gender diversity and skill levels from Under 6s through to Over 45s and manages the elite representative clubs Spirit FC and Koalas.
The CEO is responsible for implementing NWSF's vision and strategy; shaping its culture through the application of strategic leadership, change management, and relationship building. This includes managing all aspects of NWSF’s operations; gaining the cooperation of key stakeholders to ensure the effective generation of income streams via membership, sponsorship and other related services; negotiating and implementing strategies, plans and services; leading the staff; and managing an operating budget currently around $3 million.
Working closely with the Board, the existing staff, and a highly committed volunteer and stakeholder group, the CEO will have the opportunity to build on and implement the strategic and operational plans for NWSF. In short, plan big and deliver details. The CEO will be expected to assist with many of the day-to-day activities of the organisation and must be willing to literally get their hands dirty. No job is too big or too small, doing ‘whatever it takes’ to get the job done.
We're looking for candidates that can demonstrate:
- experience as an operations leader, with a strong understanding of the amateur sport environment
- a track record of successfully managing a like-sized business
- dynamic and influential leadership skills
- the ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities to grow and expand the organisation and its offerings
- business growth, including the ability to access opportunities to enhance projects and programs through sponsorship, strategic partnerships and grant opportunities
- stakeholder relationship management including staff, membership, volunteers and local government.
Whilst a background in, or passion for football would be beneficial; more importantly you will be committed to providing strong foundations for the growth and success of the sport throughout North West Sydney.
If you are looking for a job offering plenty of variety and a role that can make a positive and lasting impact, this may well be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
The Chief Executive Officer, North West Sydney Football search and recruitment process is being managed exclusively by Sportspeople Recruitment - a specialist division of People Recruitment Group. In the first instance general enquiries should be directed to Scott Oakhill on 0408 258 337, FREECALL AU 1800 634 388 or +61 2 9555 5000.