This role coordinates all SLSNSW Surf Sports events in partnership with the Sports Events Staging Coordinator and appointed Senior Officials. The role is also fundamental to the coordination of the broader whole of sport competition’s structure and scheduling (ie at branch & club level as well as articulations to National events). The role requires strong organisational, stakeholder influencing and negotiation skills.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to schedule a season of events across various surf sports seasons and disciplines
- Manage processes for effective publication & marketing of season schedules and specific events
- Coordinate Event application process
- Review & assess the success individual, series or season of events
- Maintain series point scores, results and website updates
- Develop proposals to enhance the competition structure of surf sports
- Prepare, review and update a Safety Operations Manual (SOM) for each in consultation with senior Officials and Event Staging Coordinator
- Represent at the Championships Committee and Safety Committee as required and take minutes
- Oversee the Event Staging Coordinator to ensure all event logistics and planning have been undertaken within the agreed timeframes, budget and aligned with the project plan
- Oversee biosecurity requirements are enacted appropriately
- Ensure Event Circulars are prepared and distributed as per agreed release schedule
- Manage eligibility & entry processes for events, ensuring eligible competitors are accepted and ineligible competitors flagged and resolution pathways managed
- Coordinate sourcing & allocation of event officials through the Officials Panel for all events
- Manage the formation of event draws and seedings as required both pre and in-event
- Ensure required technology solutions are in place, working and have redundancy provisions in place at events
- Assist with the preparation/availability of field of play equipment for events
- Take minutes for event committee meetings (both pre/post and in-event)
- Develop water safety, powercraft and other rosters as required at specific events
- Timely, accurate reports (includes teleconferences and meetings) are completed;
- Complete projects and duties as allocated by the Sports Manager;
- Act as Team Leader where required to ensure competitions are executed in an efficient and timely manner, including interacting with and leading of volunteers and staff
- Identify and implement strategies to ensure continual improvement of all sports events;
- Be an active contributor in the general review of Surf Sports within SLSNSW.
Essential Skills Required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Sports Management (or related discipline) and minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience
- Strong administration skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets, multi-task &, prioritise
- Demonstrated experience in Event Competition structures and Coordination of them
- Fit and able to work in an outdoor and office environment, reasonable physical tasks and manual handling required during events
- Ability to undertake travel as required with a flexible approach to work hours - must be willing to work weekends as required
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) at an intermediate to advanced level
- Strong Interpersonal skills including relationship building & negotiation with internal & external decisions makers
- Ability to problem solve & independently make decisions
- Ability to conceptualise event structures to ensure participants are presented with an attractive and engaging competitions schedule
- Ability to effectively interact with Volunteers in an event environment including providing and receiving direction
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to handle stressful and conflicting situations in a fluid environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant risk management principles and practices
- Professional and positive manner with excellent personal presentation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Current driver’s licence, willingness to tow a trailer.
- Sound knowledge of surf lifesaving, in particular surf sports events
- Understanding of membership-based organisations
- Previous experience working with membership and event volunteers
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in event management, in particular event entry platforms
- Experienced in project management
- Demonstrated experience in leading event teams
- Previous experience working in within a sporting competition environment
- Demonstrated experience in innovation within event structures, scheduling and timetabling.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
- Salary packaging
- Onsite parking
- Great culture
Location: Belrose NSW with willingness to travel
Position: Full Time, permanent
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only suitably experienced applicants who meet the required criteria will be contacted.