The Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA) is the collective and representative voice of past and present male and female professional domestic and international cricketers in Australia. Our purpose, is to be Champion of the Players - current, past and future and we strive to offer our members world leading, best practice service and support throughout every stage in their life of cricket and beyond.
We are looking for a Cricket Operations & Player Relations Senior Manager to join our team as we embark on the next chapter in ACA.
Reporting to the General Manager the Cricket Operations and Player Relations Senior Manager will build strong relationships with ACA members, in particular current players (with a focus on current female players). Engaging, listening and educating players is vital to your ability to enforce, manage and identify opportunities for improvement of the MOU.
About the Role
As an experienced sporting industry professional or elite athlete, you have the capacity to be a hands-on, sleeves-up team player, you will have superior diplomacy and communication skills and will be comfortable advocating for our members and develop effective relationships with past and current players, Cricket Australia and State cricket Associations.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the MOU to be the SME amongst female players and internal ACA team
- Manage issue resolution as required and enforce MOU terms
- Develop, and lead female player views for cricket related committees in the MOU (Playing Conditions, OH&S, SSAG)
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the cricket landscape, players needs/ concerns at a domestic and international level with a heavy emphasis on applying this knowledge to the MOU
- Schedule and deliver State Visits with playing groups to engage, listen and educate players
- Lead the delivery of the annual delegates conference
- Lead delivery of agent accreditation scheme, maintaining strong relations with agents to drive ACA advocacy
- Engage and Inform player agents on contractual matters
- Contribute to the development of gender equity initiatives to drive and enhance elite female cricketers
- Build effective relationships with pathway players to better understand their needs and improve their understanding and engagement with the ACA
The ideal candidate will be a current/retired elite athlete or possess qualifications in business, sports or management with 3-5yrs+ experience in member services and/or advocacy and demonstrate superior conflict resolution skills with the ability to maintain a balanced perspective when making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people to build positive and mutually beneficial relationships
- Well-developed diplomacy and advocacy skills
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated capability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Highly self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong interest in understanding the commercial impacts of a rapidly changing industry and growth of female elite athletes
Your ability to build and maintain relationships to engage and influence a wide audience of stakeholders is critical to your success. Demonstrating sound professional judgement and time management coupled with existing strong relations within the sporting industry, and your ability to be a proactive participant in supporting cross-departmental activities will ensure you are a valued contributor and member of the ACA team.