Casuarina Swimming Club is located in the northern suburbs growth area of Darwin, Northern Territory. With a tropical climate, the location is a gateway to South East Asia and beyond. The Casuarina Aquatic Centre will be undergoing an extensive $25 million upgrade of the facility in the latter half of 2021 (TBC), making this is an ideal opportunity for an experienced coach to re-locate to a COVID-free community, with increased access to lane usage for training, club nights and competition. Access to interim lane space during the upgrade is guaranteed with additional space under negotiation.
The Club is seeking a self-employed/independent contractor with current Swimming Australia Development Coach Accreditation and experience to commence at the start of the 2021-2022 season on 1 July 2021/ASAP. The Club currently has a squad of around 85 swimmers, with potential to increase these numbers. Swimmers range from those transitioning to squad environments, to National qualifiers. The Head Coaching role is well supported by assistant coaches, committee structures and parents/members who act in many volunteer roles.
We seek an energetic, highly organised Head Coach with a passion for swimming and development.
Key Selection Criteria Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in developing a team to deliver on season and session plans.
- Ability to design, coach, and oversee development plans for all squad groups including the nurturing of non-competitive swimmers within the club.
- Understanding of the relations between coach, club committee and facility lessee (YMCA or other) in the swimming club environment.
- Demonstrated history of good oral and written communication with swimmers, parents, committee members, technical officials and other stakeholders including the state swimming peak body (Swimming NT Inc.).
- Have sufficient management skills to assist and/or lead a group of athletes and deliver a successful and continually evolving programme.
- Ability to create an environment for swimmers to thrive and have success.
- Commitment to the values of the Club and ability to represent and promote in a positive manner.
- Experience of working collaboratively with others and ability to mentor assistant coaches.
- Good organisational skills.
- An effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Has solid professional boundaries and standards.
- A patient, positive and encouraging manner with children.
- Current Swimming Australia Development Level coaching accreditation and experience, with the capacity to work towards Advanced level accreditation.
- Current ASCTA Membership and insurance.
- Current Fist Aid/CPR certificates.
- Current NT Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
- Swimming Australia Integrity and Safe Sport requirements.
- Be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
- No Working Holiday or Student Visas accepted, nor applications from Agencies.
Renumeration: Coach will be an independent contractor and coaching fees will be negotiated prior to an agreement being signed.
Term of engagement: Minimum one year agreement with yearly review.
For more information on Casuarina Storm and current squad structure, please visit casuarinastorm.swimming.org.au or our Facebook page facebook.com/casuarinastormswimmingclub