Paralympics Australia (PA) is an organisation responsible for one of the most loved teams and respected brands in Australian sport. We support teams to compete in World Championships, Commonwealth and Paralympic Games all around the world.
Working with national and state-based sporting organisations, this role will lead the WA plans to implement a sustainable participation and pathway process. Operating out of the Western Australia Institute of Sport (WAIS), Mt Claremont, the role will be key to sports and emerging athletes by creating avenues to increase participation within para-sport programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engage and develop key partnerships and networks to promote and increase Para-sport participation at a local and state level.
- Understand the various pathway options currently available for Para-athletes across all Paralympic sports.
- Engage and collaborate with Regional Academies of Sport and the National Institute Network (NIN) to increase opportunities and support for emerging Para-athletes.
- In collaboration with State Sporting Organisation’s (SSO’s) and other key stakeholders, support the coordination and delivery of targeted talent ID and transfer initiatives.
- Support sports to identify, retain and nurture identified talent to progress within the Pathway.
This role would suit someone with previous experience in participation and pathway programs, as well as knowledge of the Australian sporting system. Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work autonomously will be key as too is a positive can-do attitude. A degree or equivalent in Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Education and/or Sports Science is preferable although not essential depending on experience.
This is a full-time, fixed term maternity leave position, with contract dates between June 2021 to February 2022. There will be a need for some flexibility to regularly travel and work weekends.
Paralympics Australia provide a safe, fair and welcoming environment, valuing diversity and inclusion and we encourage anyone who holds the relevant skills and experience to apply for our roles.
It is a great time to join and contribute to an outstanding Australian sporting organisation with an exemplary record of success on the world stage.