South Melbourne (until July 2021)
Sandringham (from August 2021)
About Golf Australia:
Golf Australia is the governing body for golf in Australia.
Our goal is to raise the level of interest and participation in the game from grass roots through to elite golfers, to fans, volunteers and associated bodies. Our key responsibilities include ensuring clubs and facilities remain healthy, developing programs and opportunities to engage as many people as possible into the game, conducting events including the Australian Opens, and managing the Rules of Golf and the national handicap system.
About the Role:
Golf Australia exists to grow the game of golf to maximise the benefits the sport provides to current and future golfers, golf facilities and the Australian community.
This role will lead in the development and maintenance of financial information, analysis and specifically reporting across the business.
Collaborating closely with the finance and broader GA team and with support from the General Management team, this individual will have the following core responsibilities:
- Support and provide value to the business operations via the provision of succinct and insightful analytics through complex data gathering and analysis of information
- Support business decision making through the development of compelling content and insights that will be used in presentations for audiences that range from directors to general managers
- Build, maintain, enhance and expand a suite of automated reporting solutions for stakeholders within the business
- Own the recurring reporting of forecast and budget models including financial performance and cashflow
- Create dashboard reporting for executive leaders, preparing insight and visual financial and operational reports across the business
- Investigate and interrogate existing business data to find correlations, merge insights and build datasets for reporting
The position is a diverse and hands-on role and will provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to the wider team.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced business analyst that has:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance with minimum CA/CPA or equivalent, with proven solid experience in a similar role/team
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills including a high attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience in Business Reporting delivery
- Well demonstrated analysis and data visualisation development with experience in handling and analysing complex, high volume data
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to partner with the business by working with operational teams to better understand their business and to support them with strong business and financial acumen
- The ability to think beyond numbers and combine data with strategy and financial insight
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical analysis into compelling narratives
- A detail-oriented mindset, is well organised and understands the importance of data integrity
What you will get in return:
Employment at Golf Australia will deliver a fantastic opportunity to work in a global sport and a chance to effect positive change and enhancements to the sport.
In July 2021, Golf Australia headquarters will be based at the Australian Golf Centre - a brand new purpose-built High-Performance facility, which will include state-of-the-art workspaces, free gym and discounted driving range and green fee access.
Golf Australia’s values of Service Driven, Diverse & Inclusive, Excellence, Fun, Dynamic and Team ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.