Let’s start with some details about Melbourne Sports Centres (MSC)
Melbourne Sports Centres are the premier multi-sport facilities in Victoria. We are here to serve sport, enabling sporting organisations and individuals to achieve peak performance, reach their potential and deliver world class events at all three of our venues, MSAC, Lakeside Stadium and Parkville Stadium. By providing services, facilities and significant events for athletes and individuals on their journey in sport we aim to drive participation, activity and well-being across Victoria. We want people to be excited about sport, engaged in healthy activity and feel inspired to be their best!
Now a little about the Venue Responder role
The primary focus of the Venue Responder is to ensure that all Melbourne Sports Centres patrons and staff are kept safe while at the venues and all hazards and incidents are prevented proactively. The Venue Responder will provide day to day support for staff at Melbourne Sports Centres including but not limited to, incident response and coordination, incident database management, maintaining safety records, contractor supervision and providing general operational oversight and support for events and activities occurring at Melbourne Sports Centres.
It is essential that you can think on your feet and to problem solve when things do not go to plan. Remaining calm under pressure and working within a team to develop workplace relationships are qualities that you must have to be successful in this role.
Flexibility to work a rotating roster is a must for the role, as we operate 7 days a week and through public holidays across all three of our venues. This role is based in Parkville.
Required skills & knowledge:
- SISSS00111 - Pool Lifeguard - including Deep Water Accreditation depth test to 5m
- HLTAID003 Current First Aid
- HLTAID001 Current CPR
- HLTAID007 - Advanced Resuscitation
- Working with Children Check - Current or willing to obtain
- Experience in controlling emergency responses
Does this sound like the role for you but you don’t have all the above qualifications? Please still apply, for candidates with the relevant experience we can assist you in obtaining the necessary qualifications.
Why is this a great place to work?
You will love working at Melbourne Sports Centres. Here’s just a few reasons why:
- Great staff benefits including free parking, performance gym membership, discounts at MSC food & beverage, and retail outlets.
- Family and friends’ discounts on performance gym membership,
- Discounts on holiday programs, birthday parties and creche for financial dependants.
- Flexible working hours.
- You will be challenged daily and can develop yourself as a person as well as gaining valuable career skills.
- We have a fantastic team of people who are great to work with.
- Our mission is to help people to be excited about sport, engage in healthy activity and feel inspired to be their best. That is a rewarding thing to be a part of.
- We are surrounded by elite athletes daily and you will support various elite sports and world class events.
How to apply
Please send through a resume and a cover letter to support your application for this role at Melbourne Sport Centres.
We will be reviewing applications and commencing interviews as they come in, so please don't delay in applying.
"SSCT values diversity, is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and from people with disabilities." Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check & Police Check'