Keppel Bay Sailing Club was established in 1957 and is one of Australia’s leading Discover Sailing centres and a well renowned venue for state, national and world title events. We are looking to appoint a Sailing Manager to oversee all operations related to Sailing at the Club. Located in Yeppoon, Central Queensland the role would suit an individual seeking a coastal lifestyle who is passionate about the sport of sailing.
The Club’s Facilities are well established with fleets of Optimists, Tackers Boats, Sabots, Lasers, RS Fevas, Corsairs, Windsurfers and 6 Rescue boats utilised for learn to sail programs, high performance programs and regatta management for all levels of competitive sailing from local competitions to world titles.
To efficiently produce and deliver local training and participation programs, Club activities, State/National/World regattas as required.
This Position reports to: General Manager
Positions reporting to this position: Coaches, Instructors and Administrative assistant.
- Experience in a similar Australian Sailing accredited Training Centre position
- A proven record of being able to team build, meet deadlines, initiate change and develop routine and harmonious relationship with all stake-holders
- Ability to analyse operational information and provide detailed assessments of the data with recommendations to the General Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to keep stakeholders informed of Club news and activities.
- Excellent computer skills, able to analyse company systems and information; present reports
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of instructors, providing feedback and development opportunities.
- Develop policies, maintain records and effectively communicate via electronic means and social media.
- Experience in developing, marketing and conducting training courses
- Ability to perform in public forums including competent public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and conflict and work efficiently under pressure
- Well-presented, organised and calm personality
- Excellent track record of providing a high quality of customer service
- Current Australian Sailing Instructor Qualification or ability to obtain.
- Working with Children police clearances
- Provide sail training programs and support services to members
- Promote the sport of sailing to existing and prospective members
- Manage and co-ordinate the Club's training programs
- Represent the Club by promoting participation and training with Australian Sailing, local schools and relevant organisations
- Appoint and manage instructors and assistants, including rostering, qualifications etc
- Manage training communication and media
- Actively seek to host State/National/ world regattas and provide management of such events
- General duties within the Sailing Department as requested by the General Manager
- Day-to-day running of the KBSC’s Training Centre in accordance with Australian Sailing’s Discover Sailing Centre requirements.
- Day to day financials of the Sailing Department
This is a full-time position and the ability to work weekends is essential. Within these parameters, flexible working hours will be advantageous for both parties.
Salary commensurate with experience. Range $65,000-$78,000 per annum