Judo is an exciting and dynamic sport, developing the physical, mental and personal characteristics of participants.
Judo NSW is a not-for-profit incorporated association, is the State's governing body for the sport and has a network of clubs in all regions of NSW. It is affiliated with Judo Australia, and thereby the International Judo Federation. Judo is both an Olympic and Commonwealth Games sport.
Our mission is to ensure effective administration and growth of Judo by encouraging new clubs and attracting new members.
The Executive Officer plays a critical role in driving the organisation; effectively, they are the organisation's face to our members and our affiliated bodies.
The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter who is comfortable working in a flexible environment. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven record of achieving performance targets.
It is desirable that you have tertiary qualifications in sports and/or business management and experience in a similar organisation. The nature of the position requires someone willing to give that "little bit extra" to achieve results.
The Executive Officer is responsible and accountable for the following, but not limited to:
- ensuring the implementation of the strategic plan;
- liaising with members, driving and developing a service culture across the organisation;
- ensuring successful delivery of Judo NSW events, activities and initiatives;
- maximising the organisation's exposure, acting as the spokesperson for the organisation;
- supervising the organisation's employees and working with organisational committees;
- managing financial requirements of the organisation;
- ensuring compliance with all legislative and statutory requirements;
- maintaining and updating of all policies, procedures, databases and resources;
- seeking and securing and income streams, servicing commercial agreements;
- carrying out the secretarial and public officer roles for the organisation,;
- preparing the annual report in conjunction with the Board;
- providing regular reports to the Board.