- $78,754 + 17% Superannuation
- 2 year fixed term contract - full time
- Supportive team and flexible environment
Job Reference: 718674
Curtin Sport & Recreation
Curtin University Sport and Recreation contributes to the vibrant student experience on campus through provision of a wide range of sport and recreation services, activities and programs for students, staff, alumni and the broader community. With a strong focus on enhancing wellbeing and establishing healthy lifestyle habits at any stage of life, Curtin University Sport and Recreation staff play a vital role in encouraging participation at any level from spectator to elite athlete.
Your new role
Commencing as soon as possible, an exciting opportunity is available for a Team Leader to join our Curtin Sport and Recreation department and assist with the effective implementation, management, operations and administration of sports and activities that provide students the opportunity to represent Curtin University at varied levels of competition.
As the Team Leader, you will assist our affiliated clubs, coordinate and administer all aspects of representative sport, inter-university sport and initiatives to increase participation, enhancing the Curtin student experience.
Due to the broad scope of the role, we require someone who is flexible and able to manage a range of diverse activities. You will have a keen interest in the business of sport supported by a strong work ethic, excellent time management and organisational skills. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and proven leader within the sport industry.
You will bring to the role
- Genuine interest and participation in sports and recreation activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and prior experience in organising sport and recreation competitions and activities.
- Demonstrated sporting club management or committee/board experience or proven experience in managing sports teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to team members and support the creation and maintenance of an effective customer focussed, efficient team culture.
- Knowledge of working within an elite sport environment.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines, proven scheduling/prioritising skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Previous experience working with state sporting associations or umbrella organisations (desirable)
- Previous experience working within a University environment (desirable)
Please note, it is a requirement of this role to have a WA working with children clearance prior to commencement
What we offer you
The ability to work in a supportive and flexible environment, surrounded with people passionate about Sport and Recreation who consistently deliver excellence. This role has the opportunity to positively impact the lifestyles of all members of the Curtin community.
Curtin Stadium offers staff opportunities to participate in a range of sporting, recreation and fitness activities.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit about.curtin.edu.au/jobs
Please apply on-line with a cover letter, resume and response to the selection criteria which can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close: Sunday 9 May 2021, 10:00PM AWST
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com or call Tara Hallissey, Talent Acquisition Consultant on (08) 9266 2563.
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).