Netball Australia are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Market Development Officer which is responsible for providing administrative support to Head of Market Development and assist with the operational delivery of the sport for development programs funded by, and in partnership, with the Australian government and GHD.
The position will support the management of Netball Australia’s international development programs, with a strong focus on social impact and public diplomacy. The role will coordinate the day-to-day delivery of the Team Up program and assist in the operational delivery of the PacificAus Sports Program and other programs to support sustainable pathways in targeted Pacific nations.
This position is a 30 month, full-time, fixed-term contract which will be based at our head office at Netball Australia in vibrant Fitzroy, Victoria. Our Teams work flexibly, and we encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with their new Manager in line with our Flexible Working Policy.
Why join the Netball Crew?
Did you know, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with Netball? Either through playing, volunteering, coaching, assisting with admin or being one of our dedicated fans!
The Diamonds have won 11 out of 14 World Cups (including the inaugural World Championships in 1963). Since netball became a Commonwealth Games sport in 1998, Australia has won four gold medals and are the current number one team in the INF World Rankings.
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who take pride in their skills, love what they do and thoroughly enjoy being part of making Netball one of the most loved sports in Australia.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about sport and more specifically, the power of sport to foster inclusivity, personal development and growth. The ideal candidate will be passionate about people and have a great enthusiasm for for building and maintaining relationships based on the core values of respect, agility, excellence and team.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Tracking and monitoring the implementation of program deliverables and identifying and mitigating risk
- Developing positive relationships with all key stakeholders and partners including regular liaison with the Pacific region, government and non-government organisations
- Preparing budgets, acquittals, briefings and high-quality reports
- Developing and delivering outlined activities aligned to the NA policies and procedures
- Providing input into the Market Development long-term strategy
- Working with the Market development team to identify opportunities and establish sport for development programs across Asia Pacific
- Some international travel may required as part of this role.
- Relevant tertiary education/s
- Political acumen and demonstrated experience developing relationships with Government departments and international organisations
- Strong administration and project management skills with a proven ability to set priorities, plan work programs, meet deadlines and manage time effectively • Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and proven ability to build rapport and work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders
- Solid understanding of best practice sport development principles
- Experience in report writing, submitting funding applications, preparing and monitoring budgets and producing financial acquittals
- Experience writing funding applications to government
- Demonstrated alignment with NA values
Netball Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
We have a collaborative, supportive and diverse culture and promote the continued development of our team members! We believe your religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or culture do not define you nor impact your application or employment with Netball Australia. We are a sport for all people across the community and take pride in providing a diverse, inclusive and safe environment for all.