A leader in an industry that is among the most exciting and passionate within Australia, the Geelong Cats offers a place of employment like no other. We strive to give our fans and customers an experience that is unparalleled, whether it be on a match day or at any of our commercial operations. The Cats represent the community of Geelong with pride and we seek people who can assist us to be the team to beat on and off the field.
This is a key relationship building role that manages a portfolio of some of Australia’s strongest brands and commercial partners. Reporting to the Corporate Partnerships Manager, you will demonstrate a high level of commercial and stakeholder acumen, focusing on delivering exceptional client service and outcomes. This is a permanent full time position.
- Account manage multiple Elite and Premier Partner/s with a sound customer service focus that drives agreed partnerships outcomes
- Timely and accurate delivery of contractual entitlements which meet or exceed client expectations, with the objective of Partner retention and/or growth in revenue
- Develop and implement annual activation plans that deliver on the objectives for each Partner working closely with the Club’s marketing and content team
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with corporate partners, corporate hospitality clients, advertisers and critical commercial stakeholders
- Identify, facilitate and report on business-to-business opportunities to drive mutual relationships, commercial opportunities and shared learnings between Partners and stakeholders
- Work with the Corporate Partnerships Manager to have an understanding of the corporate budget so as to ensure budgeted revenues and expenses for each Partner in the portfolio are accurately maintained and be able to assist the team in achieving specific partner and overall commercial KPI’s
- Assist with developing strategies, Partner reporting and proposals for existing partners and prospective business
Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 3 years of proven success in account management or a similar role
- Key relationship building skills, and account management skills with experience in customer service and customer retention
- Managing budgets and working towards KPI’s both independently and as a team
- Negotiation and client renewal experience
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Team orientated approach and excellent people skills including the ability to develop and foster relationships with a wide range of clients and service providers
- Ability to manage own workload and work unsupervised, including being proactive in seeking opportunities and areas of improvement
- Proficient computer / IT skills - Aptify, Salesforce experience is desirable
Benefits and Culture
Our Club Values are the strong beliefs and consistent behaviours of people in our organisation, which underpins our inclusive culture. In addition, we offer a range of excellent benefits including workplace flexibility such as work from home, learning and development opportunities, health and well-being program, membership and retail discounts amongst other things.
Please apply with a cover letter and your CV addressed to the People & Culture Manager, no later than COB 21 April 2021.
The Geelong Football Club is a welcoming place where we seek to engage respectfully with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds. All applications are gratefully received and applicants will be considered on their ability to do the job and alignment to our Club values.