The Events & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Volleyball ACT tournaments, competition events, school engagement events, representative team logistics, matchday experience for the Capital Volleyball League, and home round for the Canberra Heat, Australian Volleyball League team. In addition, the position is required to deliver a number of coaching and referee PD opportunities throughout the year.
Working under general supervision:
- Role model Volleyball ACT organisational values, demonstrating a high standard of behaviour, including respect for, and collaboration with others at all times.
- Adhere to, uphold and promote the principles of Volleyball ACT policies and operating procedures.
- Support the planning and coordination of representative teams including national juniors Beach and Indoor teams.
- Coordinate, administer and manage events and delivery including coordination of AVL, Beach event schedule, and PD opportunities for Coaches, referees and officials.
- Attend delegated events as required and play a lead role in the event management team.
- Liaise with key event delivery partners including clubs, organisers, sponsors, suppliers and contractors.
- Other duties as directed to support the overall success of Volleyball ACT, in support of event planning and management, and as a member of the Volleyball ACT Team.
A full list of key responsibilities and selection criteria can be found in the attached PDF.
Volleyball ACT is the not-for-profit state sporting organisation responsible for the development, governance, promotion and delivery of volleyball programs within the ACT.
- Continuous improvement and pursuit of excellence
- Innovation and leadership within the sport
- Teamwork and integrity
- Commercial responsibility ensuring long term viability and growth
- Empathy and support
VACT has zero-tolerance of Child Abuse. Child safety is a shared responsibility between VACT and its Staff, Affiliates, suppliers, associates, parents, guardians, spectators, volunteers and all members of the Volleyball community. Everyone who participates in VACT’s activities is responsible for the care and protection of Children, and reporting information about Child Abuse.
VACT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value the contribution of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and welcome people of all genders, Indigenous Australians, people with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature-age people.