Gymnastics Queensland (GQ) are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Participation and Partnerships Coordinator. This exciting new position will be focused on increasing participation across schools and inclusions for our member clubs.
The full-time position will work closely with the Club Development Manager to also create and service partnerships which drive growth for our member clubs and develop networking opportunities and collaborations within the fundamental movement community to grow gymnastics in Queensland.
Why join Gymnastics Queensland?
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who love making gymnastics in Queensland the foundation of movement for life.
With a new and exciting strategic direction for Gymnastics Queensland about to be launched and a renewed focus on making GQ a great place to work, there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
Gymnastics Queensland offers their team, flexible working conditions. We would encourage the successful applicant to discuss these options with their new manager.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate and enthusiastic about increasing participation in sport and as a highly motivated self-starter, with good presentation and communication skills, you will be results orientated, have the ability to innovate and possess skills to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Some of your standout behaviours are:
- A can-do, solution focussed approach to creating new and exciting ways for gymnastics to grow
- A supportive approach to working with our stakeholders
- A collaborative approach to working and a focus on building relationships
- An ability to contribute to developing a high performing culture with GQ
Some of your key deliverables will include:
- Provide and maintain a strong customer focus and a high-performing culture.
- Implement initiatives and strategies to increase participation in gymnastics across schools in Queensland.
- Assist in servicing and growing GQ’s formal partnerships with fundamental movement organisations to drive growth for our member clubs.
- Implement networking opportunities to position GQ as the leader of the fundamental movement community in Queensland and create collaboration opportunities to leverage our strengths and to grow gymnastics throughout the State.
- Implement initiatives and strategies to increase participation in inclusion programs across Queensland.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality programs, workshops, networking, and other opportunities to increase the capability and capacity of technical members and teachers delivering school and inclusion programs throughout the State.
- Assist with the establishment and coordination of a new school competition series under the auspices of Queensland School Sports (QSS).
- Maintain strong and supportive relationships with Gymnastics Australia, clubs, technical members, presenters, and other key stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in sport or business and/or extensive relevant experience in a related area
Location & Hours
The position will be based at Gymnastics Queensland’s Head Office, which is located at the Sleeman Sports Complex, Cnr. Old Cleveland & Tilley Roads Chandler, Brisbane, QLD.
The nature of the position will require the Participation and Partnerships Coordinator to work business hours, Monday – Friday. The nature of the position will require some evening and weekend work as well as domestic travel from time to time.
- Current drivers’ licence and vehicle
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a Blue Card
- Current First Aid and CPR or willingness to attain
Dependent upon skill level and experience. At the time of applying applicants are encouraged to outline their remuneration expectations.
Commitment to Child Safety
Gymnastics Queensland are committed to safeguarding children in its care. As part of this commitment, we have developed practice and behaviour guidelines. All our personnel, our board of directors and volunteers, are required to observe our practice and behaviour guidelines. When any personnel and volunteers commence with GQ, they are required to sign this Child Safety Commitment Statement.