Established in 1907, New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) holds the unique distinction of being the first rugby league organisation in the country. As the governing body of rugby league within NSW and the ACT, our people are passionate about fostering rugby league at all levels. Our community spans more than 700 clubs, 100,000 players and many hard-working coaches and volunteers state-wide.
We are a values-based organisation with a highly professional and dedicated team who are focused purely on what is best for rugby league in NSW and delivering excellence on and off the field.
Our values of inheritance, professional, united, courageous, innovative and legacy are critically important to the way we operate and make decisions as an organisation. Aligning with and advancing these values is an essential part of every role within NSWRL.
About the Position:
NSWRL is seeking applications for the position of Multi-Media Coordinator within our Community Engagement and Communications Department.
This position will be integral to the sourcing and generating of engaging video and written content for NSWRL’s print, online and social media platforms, servicing all areas of the business, as well as whole-of-game promotion from grassroots to the Blues and our community programs.
Major responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and generating engaging content to deliver through the NSWRL’s online, M site, app and social channels;
- Shooting and editing video content;
- Sourcing and writing editorial content and match reports;
- Website management;
- Taking a lead on social media content including the development of weekly and sectional content plans, managing social graphics;
- Providing general communications support within the department.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a relevant degree qualification in Communications, Media, Journalism, Digital Media or other relevant study;
- Possess 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a similar role with exposure to public relations, sport, media and content production;
- Have excellent shooting, video editing and production skills;
- Have excellent written and journalistic skills;
- Be a proficient user of Adobe Suite;
- Be organised, flexible with a positive and collaborative approach to working within a team.
Consistent with the nature of the sporting industry, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work weekends, evenings and reasonable additional hours as is required to fulfil the requirements of this position.
A detailed position description is linked to this advertisement.