MGS Physiotherapy seeks a dynamic, experienced and motivated Pilates practitioner to complement our current Physiotherapy services to run, manage and develop our small group Pilates classes within our fully equipped Pilates Studio located in Whistler Street, Manly NSW. We would like someone who can act as practitioner for the classes as well as manage other practitioners to run the many classes on offer.
This is a permanent full time or part time position. It offers an immediate caseload stemming from our well-established Pilates and exercise programmes, and our 30-year history as a local community-based Physiotherapy practice. The successful applicant for this position should demonstrate good time-management and be (capable of performing managerial and clerical duties relating to the quality and development of the service) including rostering and managing other practitioners.
The successful applicant will be experienced in taking small group classes in matt, small apparatus and reformer-based Pilates and preferably hold qualifications equal to Level 5 - Diploma certification or similar as recognised by the Australian Qualification Framework (AFQ). However, experienced applicants holding Certificate 4 qualifications in Pilates may also apply.
We are looking for a vibrant personality who fits well within a team environment, displays good communication skills and is comfortable working alongside and liaising with referring Physiotherapists and other medical practitioners. Our current and future Pilates service is part of our integrated rehabilitation programmes and as such, working closely with the physiotherapy service will be an essential component of this role.
- Preferably 3+ years experience in running group Pilates classes
- Preferably Level 5 - Diploma certification or similar as recognised by the Australian Qualification Framework (AFQ).
- Certificate 4 qualifications - in matt, small apparatus and reformer may also apply
- Great communication skills
- Strong practical reasoning skills and ability to develop excellent rapport with your clients to facilitate building and maintaining a loyal caseload
- Willingness to continue to expand your practical skills and knowledge and learn from others
- Have a proactive approach, be hardworking, and strive for excellence
On offer is:
- Full time or Permanent part-time position ~ 15 - 38 hrs per week
- Hourly rate is $43 per hour, plus superannuation and all award entitlements
- Pro rata Full Time Salary is $85,131 plus super and entitlements Gross (super included) $93,219 p.a.
- A rewarding job which focuses on great customer service and client outcomes, integrated with Allied Health rehabilitation
- Peer training and mentoring
- Encouragement & support with external courses & CPD
- Opportunity to join an energetic, and welcoming group of professionals who enjoy their work and their work environment.
We fully endorse the Pilates method as well-rounded healthy lifestyle exercise option. It delivers elements of education, strength, conditioning and mobility that can be used to facilitate normal healthy movement-based function, prevent injury recurrence and help people to become more resilient in their daily lives to potential musculoskeletal complaints.
If you’re looking to develop your career in a well- supported environment or looking for a fresh challenge this could be the job for you.
- Location: Manly, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
- Position Title: Senior Pilates Practitioner
- Company Name: MGS Physiotherapy
- Practice Settings: Private Practice
- Practice Area: Studio Pilates - Matt, Small apparatus & Reformer
- Placement Method: Direct Hire
- Position Type: Full-Time, Part-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Preferrable education: Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) recognised - Level 5 - Diploma level or higher - formal Pilates certification
- Min Education: AQF recognised - Level 4 - formal Pilates certification.
- Min Experience: 3+ Years