Northern Suburbs Football Association (NSFA)
The Northern Suburbs Football Association (NSFA) is one of the country's largest football associations with 17,000 + registered players, 1200 + teams and 30 member clubs. Our footprint extends from North Sydney to Brooklyn. Our vision is to have the highest retention rate of any grassroots Australian sporting organisation by providing accessible, enjoyable and inclusive football opportunities to our local community.
We aim to grow the sport by raising the quality across five key areas; Competitions, Facilities, Marketing & Communication, Community Football Development & Pathways.
About the role
The Community Football Manager leads NSFA's XLR8 Player Development programs, overseeing 60+ coaches and programs within 14 NSFA member Clubs.
This role requires in depth football coach and player development knowledge, experience and qualifications.
- Delivery of the NSFA Future Football Strategy - Community Football Development pillar
- Lead XLR8 Business Development & Strategy
- Lead XLR8 Football Development and philosophy
- The successful operation and delivery of XLR8 Player Development Programs
- Increase the number of players within NSFA in contact with high quality training and development programs
- Raise the quality of NSFA SAPL, Super League and Diamond League experiences
- Increase the retention rate of players and coaches within NSFA
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase retention rate of NSFA Players and Coaches
- Collaborate with the Head of Female Football to deliver the ‘Whats Best for Her’ female football plan
- Successfully deliver and develop XLR8 Player Development Business Strategy
- Successfully implement XLR8 Operational programs to achieve objectives within strategy
- Manage Finance and Budget for XLR8 Player Development Programs
- Lead the development of Clubs and Coaches within XLR8
- Work alongside the NSFA Coach Development Manager to implement the NSFA Coach Development Strategy, increasing the quality of coach education, experiences and standard of coaches in the region.
- Improve the player experience throughout NSFA
- Improve the standard of player development experiences through NSFA
- Improve NSFA Development Leagues; SAPL, Super & Diamond League
- Collaborate with NSFA Pathways pillar & Northern Tigers to ensure integration and flow of information, resources, support and experience.
- Staff Development of XLR8 Coaches
- Leadership & Development of XLR8 Technical Directors & Program Leaders
- Futureproofing XLR8 Player Development
- Futureproofing NSFA Community Football department operations
- A highly motivated individual
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work with various stakeholder groups.
- Disciplined and focused
- Reliable, dependable and able to deliver results
- Have an empathy in relation to the work undertaken by volunteer coaches
- Share the belief that involvement in sport
- Exemplary communication & organisation
- Ability to work weekends and midweek evenings outside traditional work hours.
- Minimum FFA B licence
- Desirable - Bachelor of Sports Management or Business Management
- Professional development opportunities available
- Exposure to wider football community (Associations, NPL, A / W League Clubs, Football NSW)
- Further support for football qualifications