Reporting directly to the Centre Manager, the role of the Assistant Centre Manager is to ensure the smooth operation of the facility in accordance with operational practices, contractual requirements, quality systems, legislative regulations and industry guidelines. The Assistant Centre Manager will drive a customer centric approach to the provision of programmes and services, while establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders. This role will oversee the programming side of the venue - GoSwim, Squads and Gymnastics. A strong background in Learn to Swim programming will be required.
You will work in collaboration with the Centre Manager to develop and manage our customer journey ensuring growth, retention and profitability through the development of channel strategies. You will also oversee OHS processes and management systems provided by Belgravia Leisure and legislative regulatory requirements. The Assistant Centre Manager position will be the eyes and ears for the Centre Manager by demonstrating exceptional leadership qualities, a high level of integrity and commitment to their team members and the local community. Succeeding in this position will in turn align you with Belgravia’s career succession plan into a Centre Manager’s role. This role may require the successful incumbent to work weekends and some additional hours during peak seasonal periods.
- Ensuring that the team of site staff are operating effectively to deliver a safe, patron friendly site always open for use.
- Management of sales, retention, guest experience, customer service throughout the programs of the venue
- Develop and implement a thorough staff development plan to ensure all teachers, instructors and coaches are of the highest standard at all times
- Ensure that patron feedback is acted on and, over time, reduce any negative perception communicated by patrons regarding site operations.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the site is faultless and ensure that the site is maintained to high safety standards. Aim for a model site with zero injuries
- Adhering to the OH&S processes and management systems provided by Belgravia and legislative regulatory standards
- To assist and support the Centre Manager in the growth of the membership base at the centre by generating leads whilst ensuring to provide professional service to both existing and prospective members