- National strategic and operational leadership position
- Leading people and developing culture
- Multi-discipline Olympic Sport
- Wellington based (negotiable)
Equestrian Sports New Zealand (ESNZ) is the National Sport Organisation for equestrian disciplines of Eventing, Jumping, Dressage, Para Equestrian and Endurance. The New Zealand equestrian landscape is rich in history, has an incredible legacy and has achieved above all odds on the world stage with many Olympic medals and World Championship successes.
Reporting to the ESNZ Board, the CEO is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of this sport organisation, accountable for driving and delivering the commercial and strategic priorities as set by the Board of Equestrian Sport New Zealand across the core pillars of:
- Develop & Lead ESNZ Forward - Develop and implement agreed strategies for the future wellbeing of ESNZ as the NSO for equestrian sports in New Zealand and the sport.
- Operational Leadership - Provide operations leadership for the organisation, ensuring ESNZ efficiently and effectively operates in a way which enables it to fulfil its purpose.
- Protect & Manage Risk - Ensure ESNZ meets its legal obligations, behaves ethically and responsibly, is financially sound and maintains a good reputation.
To be considered for this role you will need to be a dynamic and inspirational leader, with the ability to empower and develop people and galvanise them around a vision. Your commercial and financial acumen will be matched by your impactful communication skills which affect influence and collaboration for lasting and positive working relationships with the stakeholder family.
You will have the skill to navigate through complex, exciting and challenging times; prioritising, managing and delivering outcomes that fulfil the commercial and strategic priorities of ESNZ. You will need to demonstrate a successful track record in managing and growing like-sized businesses. Prior experience in the not-for-profit sector, including sport entities, will be highly regarded. A passion for equestrian sports is essential.
Given the popularity and profile of Equestrian Sports, this is one of the prized sport leadership positions in New Zealand.
NOTE: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand in order to be considered for this role.
The CEO, Equestrian Sports NZ search and recruitment process is being managed exclusively by Sportspeople Recruitment - a specialist division of People Recruitment Group.
In the first instance general enquiries should be directed to Karen Good on +64 (0) 212 319 602, FREECALL NZ 0800 634 388 or +61 2 9555 5000