BTYC began as a physical culture club in 1963, taking our official name Bulleen Templestowe Youth Club (BTYC) in 1972. Since its formation, the club has grown to become one of Victoria’s largest competitive and recreational gymnastics clubs. BTYC Gymnastics is a leader in providing a Child Safe environment, supporting and respecting children, young people, staff, volunteers and participants, and we are proud to be the current Gymnastics Victoria ‘Club of the Year’.
BTYC operates exclusively from purpose-built facilities in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, boasting one of the best training and competition platforms in the gymnastics community.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Leader to oversee the operation of all aspects of the club on behalf of the Committee of Management. We are looking for a driven individual who can sustain, and improve upon, an operationally and financially solid organisation, whilst never losing sight of our family and community roots.
The role will need the successful applicant to immerse themselves into a Club culture that achieves great things together. With a staff of over 80 coaches and administrators, and a membership of over 1,700, this role is busy, demanding, diverse and ideally for someone who has previously risen to the challenge of this type of management.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Personnel Management (lead, motivate, recruit, train, supervise and evaluate)
- Project Management
- Overseeing Program Development, Club Policy Systems, and Customer Service
- Public Relations and Marketing including Sponsorship and Advertising
- Operations and Maintenance
- Financial Management (budget preparation, financial reporting and cash control)
- Emergency Management
- Equipment Inventory
- Performance Monitoring
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management including safety and security
- Community Liaison (Including Key User Groups)
- Implementation of BTYC Committee of Management directives.
Successful Applicants will require:
- Significant relevant experience within the Sport and Recreation industry (Gymnastics specific experience would be an advantage), and the ability to demonstrate a successful and positive record in that role.
- Dynamic and inspirational Leadership and people skills.
- Great organisational skills, efficient working practices, and an ability to think outside the square and capitalise on new opportunities.
- A genuine understanding and respect for all the health and social benefits participation in gymnastics offers to the community.
- The ability to support and manage gymnasts, parents, staff, and regulatory bodies.
- a Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- a recognised Sports Management Qualification or Degree would be an advantage.