About Canterbury District Soccer Football Association (CDSFA)
CDSFA is one of Football NSW’s largest football associations with over 16,500 registered players and 23 member clubs. CDSFA has experienced increasing growth in playing numbers in recent years as football continues to cement itself as the dominant sport in Australia. CDSFA’s purpose is delivering a competitive community football experience for all. CDSFA’s niche is uniting cultures through football.
For more information, please visit footballcanterbury.com.au
To plan, deliver and oversee all aspects of marketing for the CDSFA. This will primarily involve coordinating, and assisting in the execution of planned campaign, branding and marketing activities, content for the website and other communications channels including social media, and other relevant profile-raising activities for the CDSFA.
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for developing and delivering the Marketing and Communications Plan for CDSFA in order to raise the profile and promote a positive image of grassroots football, promoting partnership opportunities and managing the CDSFA website and social media presence; and the marketing plan for the CDSFA's Centenary in 2022
The Marketing Officer will also be responsible for coordinating and delivering a suite of marketing and communication elements that aim to engage, cultivate and steward relationships with member clubs and individual members of the CDSFA including creating and scheduling targeted social posts and sourcing or creating accompanying visuals, images and infographics. The Marketing Officer will also assist with the curation of the CDSFA YouTube channel and the CDSFA Centenary microsite.
The Marketing Officer will act as a custodian of the CDSFA brand and assist in the development of brand guidelines and application across all CDSFA assets.
Some of the key areas they will be responsible for are:
Marketing & Promotional Communications
- Coordinate, develop and support design and delivery of the CDSFA's Centenary celebration, intiatives and activities in 2022
- Coordinate, develop and support design and delivery of the CDSFA website
- Review and maintain accurate information on the CDSFA website
- Coordinate, develop and support the design and delivery of CDSFA collateral (including newsletters, brochures, flyers and other marketing communications)
- Creating and distributing medial releases
- Undertake research and interviews to develop content for communication materials (including newsletters, updates and other marketing communications)
- Create and maintain a register of football impact stories from various stakeholders
- Create and maintain an up-to-date library of CDSFA marketing collateral and images
- Proofread and edit communication materials as needed
- Liaise, coordinate and/or develop content for CDSFA websites and social media channels.
- Social media graphics, print advertising and marketing material.
- Developing the CDSFA brand guidelines
- Act as a custodian of the CDSFA brand, ensuring guidelines are followed internally and by third parties.
- Digital/Social Media Marketing - administer and update a proactive social media schedule with appropriate content (Facebook, Instagram)
- Create marketing and digital/social media campaigns and strategies
- Content development and management of all CDSFA social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Staying up to date with member club and Football NSW social media content and re-posting/sharing where appropriate
- Aligning brand, member club and Football NSW social media to create uniform messaging.
- Create and maintain a CDSFA events calendar
- Assist with the promotion of player recruitment and coaching programs and events.
Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer in line with CDSFA’s strategic vision.
- A strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement targeted digital marketing and social media plans that are creative, effective and support broader marketing goals
- Experience using website content management systems and compiling campaign performance reports and insights
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing projects, such as development of marketing materials and collateral, and ability to work successfully with external suppliers
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, report back and adapt to changing circumstances
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to establish collaborative and sustainable relationships with both internal and external stakeholders from a variety of different backgrounds
- Experience creating collateral, assets and communication tools using design programs such as Adobe suite, Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Results oriented approach and desire to deliver tangible outcomes that feed into CDSFA strategic goals
- Ability to understand our audiences, develop member journeys and tailor messages to audiences and channels of choice
- Ability to work collaboratively and with a high level of flexibility both in a team and independently, in an environment with changing demands.
- Experience of organising digital content, good understanding of the principles of developing engaging content and experience of running social media campaigns
- Understanding of key social media channels
- Ability to effectively plan and project manage timelines, budgets and tasks related to the delivery of communications collateral
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to obtain information for communications content
- Ability to work independently when needed, take a pro-active approach and complete tasks on time.
- Passion for Football – a strong background with the game of football is desirable to create the necessary rapport to develop an engaged community
- Experience in social media management and scheduling tools, such as Hootsuite
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience working in a not-for-profit, member-based or sports organisation.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.