Netball Australia is excited to start the search for five new team members. The Program Change Specialist position is responsible for guiding and supporting the Netball ecosystem's stakeholders to adopt and develop the optimal use of a new digital registration and competition management platform.
This position is a twenty-four-month, part-time, fixed term contract and will be part of the National Program Change team. The position will support Netball Tasmania and will be based at the relevant Member Organisation office. The role includes on-site and remote working; regional 'town halls' and interstate travel from time to time (COVID restrictions influenced).
Our Teams work flexibly, and we encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with their new Manager in line with our Flexible Working Policy.
Why join the Netball Crew?
Did you know, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with Netball? Either through playing, volunteering, coaching, assisting with admin or being one of our dedicated fans!
The Diamonds have won 11 out of 14 World Cups (including the inaugural World Championships in 1963). Since netball became a Commonwealth Games sport in 1998, Australia has won four gold medals and are the current number one team in the INF World Rankings.
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who take pride in their skills, love what they do and thoroughly enjoy being part of making Netball one of the most loved sports in Australia.
Who are we looking for?
You are motivated to successfully deliver an ambitious and exciting program of work to our Member Organisations, affiliated Associations and Club Administrators to increase local capacity. You have a strong understanding of sport technology platforms, usage, maintenance, support, and experience in implementing change, training, and plans.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Deliver change, onboarding and training strategies to ensure business readiness and user adoption of a replacement digital platform supporting Member Organisation and affiliated Associations and Clubs
- Team with Program Change Lead and remote Program Change Specialists to deliver new comprehensive services to partner Member Organisations
- Understand business drivers, pain points and solutions to leverage these with Member Organisation and ecosystem stakeholders
- Become the local subject matter expert for the digital platform and able to help others to develop best practice use
- Build productive partnering relationships with Member Organisation stakeholders to increase capability and capacity and lighten the load of change
- Service affiliated Association and Club Administrators to increase local capacity in conjunction with Member Organisations
- Tailor and deliver change, communications and training plan initiatives
- Engage Member Organisations, affiliated Associations and Clubs in setting themselves up to be able to realise benefits including aligning and simplifying processes
- Deliver training and capability uplift to enable successful transition and adoption of the new platform
- Influence and enhance platform utilisation across the ecosystem
- Identify and mitigate localised risks and issues related to change management, onboarding and adoption
Some of your standout behaviours are:
- Ability to strongly demonstrate organisational change experience on large technology programs of work with the ability to set priorities, plan work programs, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Ability to tailor and deliver against a Change Management plan and manage and deliver to timelines
- Ability to operate in an environment of ambiguity and competing agendas, keeping stakeholders focused on project goals
- Ability to navigate the federated sport ecosystem, to empathise, listen and understand
- Highly motivated to deliver value to customers and business stakeholders, to make things easier and lighten the load
- Strong and demonstrated ability to relate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong capacity to develop, manage and execute change, communications and training strategy
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and negotiate with partners, subject matter experts, C-suite executives and volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to prepare external correspondence and reports, and to positively engage with key stakeholders, team members and other employees
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise work objectives to achieve program goals within available resources and competing timeframes
- Capability to develop strategies, policies and high-level reports with clear recommendations
- Tertiary qualification/professional learning: Change Management, Digital Transformation or Sport Business
- A passion for business-to-business servicing and sport development at the community level
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a related field of employment
- Proven experience in attaining, and developing technology platform subject matter expertise
- Proven experience implementing change and training strategy and plans
- Demonstrated experience working with team members, clients and system users across multiple locations
- Ability to set priorities, work autonomously and remotely, collaborate with teams, plan work programs, meet deadlines, manage time effectively
- High-level interpersonal skills and ability to ability to initiate and develop relationships and influence across all levels of an ecosystem – C-suite executives to volunteer administrators
- Highly computer literate and confident with communication modalities and tools; face to face, Zoom/MS Teams, Trello/Slack, telephone and in written reports and general correspondence
- Experience working with sport management systems: business and consumer applications, competition and program management, payments and distributions, electronic scoring
Netball Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously, and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
We have a collaborative, supportive and diverse culture and promote the continued development of our team members! We believe your religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or culture do not define you nor impact your application or employment with Netball Australia. We are a sport for all people across the community and take pride in providing a diverse, inclusive and safe environment for all.
If this sounds like you, and we hope it does - please submit your current CV and cover letter, and we look forward to discussing this fabulous opportunity with you soon.
Please note: If a candidate does not attach a cover letter responding to the essential requirements as requested, they will not be considered for this position. This is due to the high volume of applications we receive for technical positions.