Are you a qualified and experienced health and wellness professional looking for an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading organisation? The Canterbury Bankstown Leisure & Aquatic Services Unit has recently undergone a realignment and we are looking for an energetic and innovative leader to join our team.
Why should you join our team?
We are an organisation that innovates and collaborates, we are an employer of choice, the largest Council in NSW and we are also about to embark on a once in a lifetime project which will see the design and construction of two brand new $40m state of the art Leisure & Aquatic Centres! Where else are you going to get an opportunity like that?
If you are ambitious, innovative, driven and experienced in leading teams within the health and wellness field, focused on providing a safe and high-quality customer experience, and not afraid to challenge the status quo, then this role is for you.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $71,354 (Grade F, Step1) + 9.5% super. Click here to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade.
We are currently seeking a Health & Wellness Leader to join our team and lead the continuous improvement of a Health & Wellness service delivery across our 4 major Centres.
The Health & Wellness Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the provision of a high quality and safe experience for The Canterbury-Bankstown Leisure & Aquatics health and wellness clientele at our Birrong, Canterbury, Max Parker and Roselands Leisure & Aquatic Centres.
You will ensure that your team of fitness instructors provide health and wellness programs that are exciting, competitive within the market and are enticing for new and prospective members. You’ll need to be in touch with industry trends and innovative in your approach to develop and deliver programs that meet the needs of customers add value to their experience.
(See PD for key accountabilities)
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Fitness and the provision of fitness programs or equivalent (e.g. Degree, TAFE Certificate IV in Fitness)
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC) Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Fitness Australia Registration
- Demonstrated experience in leading and supervising a team to deliver a high quality and safe Health & Wellness programs
- Demonstrated experience in gym supervision, fitness testing and developing fitness programs
- Demonstrated ability to attract new clients, develop appropriate programs and generate new revenue streams.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with high levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Proficiency in administration, marketing and promotion and achieving set KPI’s
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Role located between our Campsie Administration Building and across all Leisure & Aquatic Centres
- Flexible work practices (opportunity to earn additional time off)
- 38 Hour week
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- Work for an award-winning organisation that will truly value your input
- Work for an Employer of Choice