Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Centre is the premier gym and indoor swimming pool in the area with a wide range of fitness classes and training programs.
- Are you an outstanding people leader, ready to coach, inspire and lead a cross-functional team at our award winning facility?
- Do you have a successful track record in managing leisure facilities, marketing, sales, projects and management?
- This is an amazing opportunity to lead a high performing team to achieve fantastic health and participation outcomes for the community.
Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Centre is a leader in the provision of health and leisure services in Victoria, winning a number of industry awards in 2019 and 2020. Lead a highly skilled team with excellent facilities to continue to deliver fantastic participation outcomes for the Community.
Our aquatic facilities include an indoor 25m heated swimming pool, an outdoor 50m heated swimming pool, a warm water pool, spa and steam room. In addition to this, the centre offers offer an indoor and outdoor eatery overlooking our pool area, multiple group fitness studios, allied health services and large gym.
As the Centre Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for the management and operation of this premier community facility. You will use your exceptional leadership skills to motivate a large team of professionals dedicated to serving the wider community through the provision of programmes, activities, and facilities. You will have overall responsibility for the exceptional customer experience and stakeholder relationships while ensuring financial targets are established and achieved.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of visitors and employees through effective planning and oversight of polices, processes and procedures.
- Coach and develop leaders to deliver on KPIs through engagement, performance planning and individual development plans.
- Lead and drive a high performance community minded culture through highly visible and hands-on leadership and team engagement.
- Achievement of budgeted performance targets.
- Maintain a high value relationship with our council partner.
- Implement a high value customer service proposition that addresses the needs of the client base.
- Recruitment of energetic, diverse and passionate employees as required to compliment the team and the vision for the Centre.
- Train staff as required to ensure that knowledge and capability are at the required levels to enable staff to carry out their work and achieve their objectives.
- Identify staff and develop career progression paths that lead to transparent and effective succession decisions when required.
- Maintain facilities to approved standards in line with contract requirements.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in managing a similar leisure or aquatic facility
- Highly developed communication skills with a flair for positive influencing and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Experience in planning and execution of operational, financial and people plans to successful outcomes.
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (Level 2)
- Legal working rights in Australia
- Minimum 3 years experience in aquatic operations
- Great understanding of local government and processes
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Pool Operations Certificate
Belgravia Leisure is part of the Belgravia Health and Leisure Group (BHLG) and is the fastest growing leisure organisation in Australia. Our core areas of business and facilities stewardship include health clubs, wellness and spa, golf, aquatic and sporting venues in 200 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
We are in an exciting period of growth and look to continue to diversify and deliver results while being a strong community citizen. With an annual turnover in excess of $180m, the group are looking for the best and brightest to assist with taking the organisation into the future.
If you are a person who is passionate about leisure and want to utilise your skills and experience in the leisure industry, we want to hear from you!
Apply now !!