At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Nathalia Sports & Community Centre
The Nathalia Sports & Community Centre is an all-year-round facility comprising of one basketball court, a commercial kitchen, two squash courts, a function room with a kitchenette, a stage for concerts and a fitness room.
Key Elements of the Role
The Stadium Team Leader is the face of our organisation in Nathalia and as such, it is critical to have a commitment and belief in the mission of the YMCA. The role is responsible for all aspects of facility activation including determining program scope, range and ultimately ensuring they are delivered safely, facility hire, marketing and promotion, driving new programs in line with community demand, administration, report writing and record keeping as applicable. The Stadium Team Leader must possess excellent communication skills, be prepared to get to know the local community and have the ability to work independently in the performance of multiple tasks.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values
- Promotes and accepts personal accountability to better influence
- Provides continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literacy, particular Microsoft Word and Excel
- High standards of personal presentation
- Recognise and act on the need for support. Accept and delegate responsibility when required
- Create a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
- Work as part of a team and show professionalism
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Certificate III / IV in Fitness
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.