The Officials Coordinator (OC) is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring programs and activities targeted at improving both the standard of Competitions & Referees and increasing referee numbers both within the Domestic and Representative Programs.
The OC will provide Administrative Support to the Competitions Manager. The Coaching and mentoring of referees and providing feedback before, during and after games is an expected component of the role.
The OC is responsible for engagement with Casual Staff during game night proceedings, the OC works under the direct supervision of Competitions Manager, the OC responsibilities include conflict resolution, handling complaints, managing referees and all other duties associated with the smooth operation of Competition during games. Within this role you will be required to work both independently and as a team member, direct a number of staff- both paid and volunteers and exercise initiative in the pursuit of agreed objectives.
- Assist with the Coordination and management of competitions and refereeing within the organisation at both the Domestic and Representative Level;
- Act as the central point ‘for all things referee’s’ within the Association, including development of the Community level and Development level Referee’s.
- Actively oversee the Domestic Competition - this entails having a presence on the floor working with the casual staff.
- Communicate all relevant information to Referees, including training and qualification requirements, rule changes, interpretations, evaluation dates & times and any information from Basketball NSW;
- Assist in the resolution of complaints made during domestic competitions. Address any breaches of competition rules or any breaches of the various codes of behaviour and policies developed or adopted by Central Coast Basketball.
- Be responsible for the domestic competition rosters.
- Working with the Basketball Manager, prepare and provide Referee nominations for EJL, CCL rounds by the required date to BNSW. Arrange accommodation and transport for referees when required in accordance with budget and guidelines developed by the Competitions Manager in consideration with the Basketball Manager.
- Attend Referee Action Day (Compulsory), Referee Workshops , Instructor Workshops and Appropriate Meetings as well as encourage and recruit Referees to participate in Development Workshops and Referee Action Days.
Budget and Financial Management:
- Participate in development of annual budgets for the Referee Program
Work Health and Safety:
- Ensure prompt reporting of injuries
- Assist in contributing to the safe work environment through supporting a safe workplace culture and raising awareness to reduce incidents and injuries
- Ensure BNSW injury report forms are completed in a timely manner and in accordance of BNSW requirements.
Human Resources/Team Management:
- Create effective and supportive relationships with the Team Delegates, Coaches, Players & Referees/Umpires
- Ensure Assistant Referee Supervisors and referees are aware of policies and procedures
- Attend team meetings as required
- High level understanding of the sport of Basketball and officiating.
- Minimum Intermediate Level or above (Preferred but not critical) / Attend or willing to attend Association Referee Instructor Course;
- Administration experience;
- Computer literacy;
- Experience working within a Sporting / Team environment or similar.
- Advanced Computer skills Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification
- Current Working with Children Check