- Join the Sydney Sixers Community Cricket team at Cricket NSW
- Live your passion for sport every day
- Deliver and fun exciting cricket programs to kids
Do you want to inspire the next Alyssa Healy, Nathan Lyon or Ash Gardner?
About the role
As a Community Cricket Officer, you will be helping grow participation in Australia's favourite sport and inspiring the next generation of cricket players and fans. This is an opportunity to take your first step towards a professional career in the sporting industry.
Deliver fun and exciting cricket programs to kids in the Sydney South East Area, specifically the Sutherland & St George regions within the school environment as well as the club and community environment. Assist with W/BBL Match Day event activation and promotion as required, as well as other Community Cricket events.
- A professional and energetic attitude
- Current Working with Children Check and First Aid Qualification
- Basic understanding of Cricket Australia entry level programs
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A current driver's license and access to a motor vehicle
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with delivering entry-level sports programs
- Basic knowledge of the NSW Education system
- Community Cricket Coach accreditation or higher
Even if you don't have experience in the above but love working outdoors, with kids and enjoy cricket, let's have a chat and see if we can assist you to join our team.
What's in it for you?
Build your skills in a high-growth professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community.
Cricket NSW oversees cricket in NSW from our elite professional teams to community, school, and social cricket. We are responsible for leading and growing cricket throughout NSW. Our purpose is to inspire everyone to love cricket with the desire to be No. 1 in all formats, produce the best players and coaches in the world and be the leading sport for women and girls. You are joining a team that is energetic and motivated - we deeply enjoy the work that we do and the impact it has in the community.
Keen to join our team?
Please click 'apply' to submit your CV and a cover letter. Email for more information or a full position description.
At Cricket NSW, we hire on merit and embrace diversity of characteristics, perspectives, skills and backgrounds. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for everyone, including children, so that people feel respected and connected, and can contribute and develop. We measure ourselves on our behaviours - "How We Play"; our people value being real, clearing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.
Australian Cricket's Commitment Statement to Safeguarding Children and Young People can be found at cricketaustralia.com.au/safeguarding.
We require all applicants to undergo background checks and screening prior to or during any appointments.
Closing Date - Friday 12th February 2021
*Please note: only successful applicants will be contacted