Randwick Rugby is one of the most iconic clubs in world rugby and our highly successful Colts program (Under 20’s) is renowned for being one of the best in Australia over the past decade.
The Colts Program and Pathways Manager at Randwick Rugby is responsible for the overall recruitment, development and management of Colts players, coaches and relevant support staff, plus provide pastoral care support to help assimilate players into the club and ensure their ongoing well-being. This role will also act as the primary conduit for all our junior development, schools and elite pathways programs.
The Colts Program and Pathways Manager reports directly to the General Manager and Club Coach.
- Develop and implement a coordinated Colts strategy combining performance outcomes, resourcing, key partnerships and community engagement, in alignment with the overall strategic pillars of Randwick Rugby.
- Be able to perform a hands-on coaching role with our first colts’ team.
- Responsibility for talent identification, the recruitment and retention of Colts players, coaches and related staff.
- In conjunction with the Club Coach ensure that qualified coaches/resources are appointed to all our Colts teams/junior programs and are further developed to improve their skills, knowledge or accreditation levels.
- Pastoral care of players to ensure they are settled into the club and remain so i.e. co-ordinating accommodation, employment and educational opportunities, engagement with parents and monitoring general well-being etc
- Chair relevant rugby department meetings so that club policy is understood and translated into practical action.
- Sound knowledge of all club administrative procedures i.e. player registration, selection eligibility and competition rules etc.
The successful candidate should have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Level 3 Rugby Coaching Accreditation
- Minimum 5 years’ rugby coaching experience in a High-Performance Rugby program or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role. Experience at a Shute Shield Club or equivalent would be highly desirable.
- Have sound technical coaching knowledge of all areas of the game
- Experience using coaching technology i.e. Hudl Video & Team Buildr etc
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and personality to drive club culture
- Competency in Windows programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for a full breakdown of accountabilities.
This is a Full-Time One Year contract position initially.
Please note due to the nature of the role, flexible working hours are needed to accommodate evening training, meetings, weekend matches and associated reviews.
**Due to the current COVID-19 Travel Restrictions, you must be a current Australian Resident located within Australia and be able to commence as soon as possible.**