Wynnum Manly Seagulls are looking for a Football Operations Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be accountable for managing the Club's football operations and welfare programs.
The Wynnum Manly Seagulls compete in the Queensland state-wide Intrust Super Cup competition and are historic brand in rugby league. The Seagulls offer a direct pathway to the NRL and are an affiliate club to the Brisbane Broncos.
Our vision is to be the best community sporting club in Australia and we will achieve this by engaging, enhancing and inspiring out community. You will have the opportunity to make a big difference within the passionate Seagulls community!
About The Role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage all football logistics including travel, apparel, equipment, registrations, and general administration
- Manage the accreditation of all football staff, players and volunteers
- Oversee football program support staff and contractors (including medical staff)
- Oversee the player medical support program including coordinating Seagulls' medical contractors and liaising with players and staff
- Support the delivery of the Football Operations Plan
- Support the Seagulls Academy Manager in delivering the Seagulls Academy program
- Manage all on-field logistics for game day and trainings, including liaising with visiting teams and governing body
- Oversee the maintenance and management of all Club facilities and equipment
- Oversee the Seagulls Wellbeing Program, including program development & management, welfare support, and coordinating wellbeing workshops & programs
- Enculturate the players and staff in the values of the Club
- Previous experience in sport administration or operations
- Understanding of rugby league and Queensland Rugy League landscape
- Attention to detail and strong data management skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work in a high performance culture
- High quality written, verbal and relationship building skills
- Sport industry knowledge, including an understanding of the rugby league landscape
The Wynnum Manly Seagulls are a proactive and innovative sporting organisation that takes pride in being at the forefront of football operations activities. The club has achieved strong results on the field and in player development in recent years and is renowned for its high performance culture.
The Seagulls are a pathway club in every sense, not only does it develop players and coaching staff for the NRL, but also a significant number of administration staff have honed their skills at Wynnum Manly and then secured senior roles at clubs in the top tier of Australian sport.