At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Brunswick Baths
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
Brunswick Baths is one of six Active Moreland sites with a strong membership base carrying over to the swimming lessons. The centre consists of a heated 50 metre outdoor pool, Program Pool, spa, sauna, steam room, splash park & Toddler pool, fully equipped gymnasium, group fitness rooms and training zones and crèche.
Key Elements of the Role
Brunswick Baths are looking for experienced and competent swimming teachers to join our Aquatics team. The suitable candidate will need to be available during the week and weekends for our swimming program. A range of shifts is available to a suitable candidate with lessons running throughout the week and on weekends.
The Aquatic Education program at Brunswick baths is run through the YMCA swimming lessons program following the YMCA's swimming lesson curriculum and level guides.
This position is available in both a part-time and casual capacity.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of YMCA swimming lessons curriculum
- Knowledge of AUSTSWIM Industry Guideline
- Performs in a way that inspires and motivates colleagues and the team to perform to a high standard
- Punctual for shifts and meetings
- Displays interest, enthusiasm, patience, respect and innovation to students and peers
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
Other Desired Qualifications
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Adults
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.