At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About South Gippsland SPLASH
South Gippsland SPLASH is owned by South Gippsland Shire Council and managed by YMCA Victoria. As a YMCA community centre, we understand the needs of our members and visitors. We work with a number of community, sports and government bodies to offer opportunities for all participants. We aim to provide the best in community care and services. The outdoor Pools include:
- Mirboo North Outdoor pool
- Foster Outdoor Pool
- Korumburra Outdoor Pool
- Poowong Swimming pool
Key Elements of the Role
South Gippsland SPLASH ?are looking for experienced and competent swimming teachers to join our Aquatics team. The suitable candidate will need to be available during the week and weekends for our swimming program. A range of shifts is available to a suitable candidate with lessons running throughout the week and on weekends.
The Swimming lesson program at South Gippsland SPLASH is run through the YMCA swimming lessons program following the YMCA's swimming lesson curriculum and level guides.
This position is available in both a part-time and casual capacity.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to perform to their best
- Accepts personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences to better influence
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of YMCA Swimming Lessons philosophy and teaching guidelines
- Knowledge of AUSTSWIM Industry Guidelines
- Performs in a way that inspires and motivates colleagues and the team to perform to a high standard
- Punctual in both shifts and staff meetings
- Displays interest, enthusiasm, patience, respect and innovation to students and peers
- Creates a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivalent
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
Other Desired Qualifications
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Adults
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.