At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Casey RACE
Casey RACE is one of the leading Aquatic and Leisure facilities in Victoria with over 1 million visits a year across a range of programs and services. The aquatic facilities feature an indoor 50m swimming pool, program pool, Warm Water pool, toddler play pool, spa, steam room and sauna as well as a space bowl and tandem raft slide as well as a leading Swimming Lesson program!
Dry facilities at RACE include a Health Club with a great range of cardio and strength training equipment, a cycle studio with an interactive virtual MyRide system, a dedicated group fitness studio and a functional training zone. There is also an on-site Café and child care facilities making Casey RACE a place for all to enjoy!
Key Elements of the Role
It is an exciting time at Casey RACE as we continue to provide industry-leading programs and services to the community! We are now looking for our next superstar leader to take on the role of Aquatic Safety Coordinator.
The Coordinator is part of a leadership team that is committed to high levels of customer service, staff development and continuous improvement. Inspiring and developing a staff team in the delivery of Aquatic Safety and other aquatic based programs will see continued success at RACE with the highest of standards.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Leadership experience – minimum 12 months
- Relevant diploma; or approved equivalent
- Sport and Recreation and/or Facility Operations experience is desirable
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrate YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Approachable and personable
- Customer-focused approach
- Passionate about leadership and developing staff
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Defibrillator Qualifications
- Pool Operators Certificate
- Working with Children Check
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.