- $37.84 per hour
- Location: Ringwood/Croydon
Maroondah City Council offers you the opportunity to work at some of Melbourne’s largest and most exciting Aquatic and Leisure facilities. With a recent gym redevelopment and new equipment installation at Aquanation and Aquahub, this role gives the successful candidates the opportunity to work in two premium facilities within Maroondah City Council.
Maroondah City Council is seeking experienced and highly motivated health club instructors that are driven, fit and well presented to educate, motivate and inspire Maroondah Leisure members to achieve their health and fitness goals.
Instructors must be available to be rostered during the operating hours including early mornings (5:30am-8:30am), late evenings (6:00pm-10:00pm), and weekends.
A friendly demeanour combined with a passion about getting members results is also a valuable attribute. The ability to provide exceptional customer service to members and guests within the Health Club, at both Aquanation and Aquahub, is an essential pre-requisite. Customer Service is a key value at Maroondah City Council and it is essential that the customer experience is a priority.
Did you know that to be a health club instructor at Maroondah Leisure you need to have:
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Current registration with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current CPR Qualifications
- Current Level 2 First Aid
- A passion for the health and fitness industry
- Experience in customer service, exercise prescription, one on one and group training / consultation
- Experience working with youth and older adults in an active environment
- A strong commitment to exemplary customer service and member retention
Other desirable qualifications include:
- Tertiary studies / qualifications in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Human Movement (relevant in Fitness/Exercise Field) or equivalent qualification
- Industry recognised Kettlebell certification
- Industry recognised TRX or other Suspension Training certification
- Industry recognised Level 1 & 2 Boxing certification
- Level 1 & 2 Strength and Conditioning Coach Accreditation
- Industry recognised Functional Training Accreditation
- ViPR training certification
- Inbody composition scan training
- Technogym pronext.mywellness programming experience
- Industry recognised Olympic Lifting and Power Lifting certification
- Myofascial release or trigger point therapy certification
- Beck Health Certificate of Nutrition
As part of our selection process you may be required to have pre-employment checks. (Psychometric Assessment, Medical, CrimCheck and Working with Children Check).