At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Coburg Leisure Centre
The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
The YMCA's work in partnership with Council extends to all corners of Moreland however is based at the six Aquatic and Leisure Facilities in Brunswick City Baths, Coburg Leisure Centre, Coburg Outdoor Pool, Fawkner Leisure Centre, Pascoe Vale Outdoor Pool and Oak Park Aquatic Centre.
The main goal within Moreland is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
Key Elements of the Role
This position requires leadership and motivation in a challenging environment and will require excellent communication and presentation skills. The Centre Senior Coordinator will be based at Coburg Leisure Centre however at times will be required to support Active Moreland across multiple facilities and be responsible for backfilling Managers across the Active Moreland contract. The Centre Senior Coordinator may be responsible for leading a strategic working group across all six Aquatic and Leisure facilities within Moreland (depending on applicant knowledge and experience).
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values
- Promotes and accepts personal accountability to better influence
- Provides continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
Knowledge and Experience
- Participation growth, promoting and maximising opportunities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key local community stakeholders
- Visible leader in the community
- Ability to stay calm and make decisions under pressure
- Providing excellent customer service for all members and guests
- Being proactive with the presentation of the facility
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated leadership experience of a large employee team within a relevant industry
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR211A Perform CPR or equivalent
- Pool Lifeguard
- Pool Operations Certificate
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA