At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About South Gippsland SPLASH
South Gippsland SPLASH is owned by South Gippsland Shire Council and managed by YMCA Victoria. As a YMCA community centre, we understand the needs of our members and visitors. We work with a number of community, sports and government bodies to offer opportunities for all participants. We aim to provide the best in community care and services. The outdoor Pools Include: Mirboo North Outdoor pool, Foster Outdoor Pool, Korumburra Outdoor Pool and Poowong Swimming pool.
Key Elements of the Role
The Aquatic Safety Coordinator portfolios are Aquatic Safety and Operations. The Operations Coordinator is a key member of the leadership team at SPLASH and the SG Outdoor Pools. This position will provide leadership, training and direction to pool Lifeguards, Duty Managers and Maintenance staff ensuring the South Gippsland Facilities offer the highest possible level of service. A key function of the role will be ensuring that all facilities provide a safe, clean and enjoyable environment at all times with no downtime of facilities.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrate YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
Knowledge and Experience
- Leadership experience - minimum 2 years
- Relevant tertiary degree; or approved equivalent
- Sport and Recreation and/or Facility Operations experience is desirable
- Approachable and personable.
- Customer-focused approach
- Passionate about leadership and developing staff
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Current Working with Children Card, or approved equivalent.
- HLCPR201A Perform CPR
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- SISSS00111 Pool Lifeguard Skill Set
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA