At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Numurkah Aquatic & Fitness Centre
The Numurkah Aquatic & Fitness Centre is an aquatic and recreation community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the Moira Shire Council.
The facility consists of;
- Fully equipped Health Club (Gymnasium)
- Group Fitness programs
- Indoor heated program pool
- Swimming Lesson program
- Squash Courts
- Reception, merchandise and Kiosk area
Key Elements of the Role
The Centre Coordinator will be required to provide leadership and direction to all staff, in conjunction with the Manager ensuring these areas offer the highest possible service.
The Centre Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Manager to maintain all current practices, grow participation rates in all key business drivers, organise Centre training, and develop and the Customer Service, Health & Wellness and Lifeguard teams.
The Centre Coordinator will contribute to the growth of all programs in conjunction with the Manager and the Swim School Team leader.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values
- Promotes and accepts personal accountability to better influence
- Provides continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
- High standards of personal presentation
- Recognise and act on the need for support. Accept and delegate responsibility when required
- Create a welcoming atmosphere by engaging all people in a friendly and approachable manner
- Work as part of a team and show professionalism
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A perform CPR or equivalent
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Certificate III in Fitness
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Certificate IV in fitness
- Aqua Aerobics certificate
- 6-day OHS course certificate
- Austswim Swimming instructor certificate
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.