As a government entity, Sport New Zealand Ihi Aotearoa is proud to be the guardian of our country's play, active recreation and sporting system, from grassroots to elite sport. We do this through partnerships with national sport and recreation organisations, regional sports trusts, central government bodies, councils and other key stakeholders.
Sport NZ believes strategic partnering ensures a consistent, efficient, and aligned approach which results in the best outcome for all; a strong, well-connected system. The Partnership Team lead the partner engagement process, coordinating and connecting resource and expertise, supporting performance, and unifying the strategic intent across the system.
We have a great opportunity to diversify our Auckland based Partnerships team and are looking for someone to strategically support Sport NZ's national partners to impact positively on shared outcomes in play, active recreation, and sport. This should lead to improved wellbeing of all those living within New Zealand. The role is primarily focused on national sporting organisations.
Success in the role is defined by the ability to consistently demonstrate the core competencies to the highest of standards and build high value relationships with key internal and external partners and stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you will have;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the Treaty of Waitangi and its principles including a level of tikanga competence.
- Outstanding Partnership Management Skills including:
- Successful application of partnering philosophies including a demonstrated ability to build trust and influence at a senior level.
- An understanding of what needs to be in place for a not for profit organisation to be successful. (e.g. governance, leadership, strategy, systems, risk management, a viable business/financial model)
- An understanding of what needs to be in place for an organisation to deliver physical activity outcomes and where relevant what it takes to win on the international stage
- An understanding of the play, active recreation and sport system challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of Sport NZ's role and responsibilities as a Crown Agency and an awareness of the wider social and political context in which Sport NZ operates.
- Political and commercial nous, with a strategic edge
Sport NZ is committed to becoming a fully equal opportunity employer who knows equity, diversity and inclusion lead to stronger whanaungatanga and improved organisational performance. We value and embrace differences and diverse ways of thinking and being - staff at Sport NZ are celebrated for who they are and their unique contributions to our organisation.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12pm - Friday, 5th February 2021