Brothers Rugby Club is one of Australia's largest Community Rugby Clubs. Centrally located in Brisbane, the club provides grassroots and elite programs for over 2300 male and female Rugby and Touch Football players. The club is looking for a Rugby Manager to support the 13 grades, colts and women's team participating in the Queensland Premier Rugby competition.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Rugby Manager is responsible for the overall performance of all Senior Grades, Colts and Women XV teams. We are looking for a strong leader who has demonstrated ability to manage a large club program, excellent communication skills and be able to work closely with the club's sporting sub committee, stakeholders, staff, coaches, managers and players. The position is fulltime and weekend work will be required.
KEY RESULT AREAS/OBJECTIVES
- To plan, deliver and review performance initiatives for the senior rugby program that contribute to ensuring Brothers Rugby Club remain a competitive club in the QLD Premier Rugby competitions.
- To assist with the enhancement and management of internal and external development pathways for players, coaches, managers and rugby related staff within the senior rugby programs.
- Provide strategic support and alignment to all rugby programs within Brothers Rugby Club.
- To improve the rugby experience for all associated with Brothers Rugby Club.
- To make a positive contribution to the community, club culture and long-term sustainability of Brothers Rugby Club
ANCILLARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the implementation of the club aligned playing philosophy for all senior programs including the development/education of all coaches and managers.
- Implement reviews/reports and development plans for all performance programs and staff, key coaches and managers.
- Provide support and leadership to all representative players by providing clear internal and external rugby pathways.
- Oversee the Women’s XV team to ensure alignment of program with club philosophy
- Oversee the Club Strength and Conditioning Program and staff
- Manage the behavior standards of all rugby participants align with The Brothers Way and contribute to a strong community culture.
- Coordinate the recruitment and retention of all coaches & management for the senior program
- Coordinate the Club Leadership Program
- Coordinate the recruitment and retention of players into the colts and senior rugby programs
- Facilitate the coordination of the recruitment and retention committee.
- Mantain the clubs 3 year player depth chart
- Track recruitment networks and the potential opportunities
- Develop and maintain links with schools, clubs and colleges throughout Queensland.
- Coordinate the weekly off field preparation of Senior teams for competition including but not limited to Selections, Laundry etc
- Coordinate the clubs Mental Health Program.
- Coordinate clubs finals preparation including eligibility tracking
- Coordinate with QRU any Judicial matters, player clearances, insurance claims
- Coordinate match day program development
Match Day Management
- Coordinate match day management on all senior home games
- Liaise with Operations Manager and CEO in home match event and function setup and packdown
Elite Development Program
- Work closely with EDP Performance Manager to ensure the Rohrig Elite Development Program is of a high standard and acheiving outcomes.
Alignment of all Rugby Programs
- Work closely with CEO to align programs and pathways.
- Work with rugby staff and volunteers to plan and implement a structured rugby program including preseason, in season and review.
- Coordinate the senior integration program with junior’s rugby program.
- Liaise with the other club’s rugby staff, BJRU, QRU and ARU.
- Other duties as required by the CEO of Brothers Rugby