- Energetic, fun and positive work environment
- $28.46/hour + Super (junior rates apply)
- Permanent, part-time role (12.5 hours/week)
About the Role
Glen Eira Leisure (GEL) offers a great range of sports and competitions across our three main facilities and cater to all ages and abilities. As the Sports Programs Assistant you will support the Sports Programs Team Leader in running these stadium related programs and services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the organisation and maintenance of internal sporting competitions which operate at GEL
- Assist in the setup of functions and sports events
- Assist with the rostering of umpires and referees
- Ensure that leisure facilities are operated, maintained and cleaned to standards
- Support the Sports Programs Team Leader in the coordination and implementation of sports programs and stadium hire
- Provide administrative support to the Sports Programs Team Leader as required
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a passion for sports and recreation and wants to get their foot in the door in the Leisure and Recreation industry.
We are looking for someone who is innovative, efficient and team focused with exceptional stakeholder engagement skills and attention to detail. With strong initiative and time management abilities, your capability to communicate and work in a diverse organisation will be integral.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in sports competitions and events
- Level 2 First Aid with CPR (or be willing to obtain)
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please note preferred candidates must be willing to undergo a police records check, work based medical and hold or be willing to obtain an Employee Working with Children Check for the purposes of employment.
About Glen Eira Leisure
Glen Eira Leisure (GEL) owns and operates three industry leading aquatic and recreation facilities. We pride ourselves on providing cutting edge services to all ages and members of the community. With over 1.7 million attendances annually, our popular facilities are widely used by the local and regional community.
How to apply
Please attach your current resume along with a cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the role.
For further information please contact Georgie Glasgow on (03) 9575 7134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
We encourage applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people. We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.
Glen Eira City Council is committed to reconciliation and supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: (03) 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au