If you’re a HEALTH & FITNESS BUSINESS all-rounder with extensive experience, energy and passion then we want to hear from you.
- 6 month maximum term contract, with the potential for permanency
- Part-time position, 20 hours per week, Mon - Wed (3pm -7pm), Sat (8am - 11am) & Sun (8am - 1pm)
Your new employer:
UOW Pulse Ltd is the social heartbeat at the University of Wollongong. We deliver entertainment and activities, food and retail, childcare, sports, fitness and recreation as a not-for-profit commercial entity of the University of Wollongong.
UniActive encompasses all things Sport & Fitness at the University of Wollongong, with the majority of our facilities located on the idyllic grounds of main campus. With two 5-star fitness centres, multiple pristine sporting ovals, a 50m outdoor swimming pool, two indoor sports stadiums and more, our workplace is a playground for anyone with a passion for health and fitness!
Your new role:
The Health and Fitness Instructor plays a key role in assisting the member services at UniActive, whilst the role will include work at both our Wollongong and Innovation Campus gyms, this role will predominantly be based at Innovation Campus. The role will include fielding enquiries, pre-exercise screening, Group Exercise instruction and general gym supervision of members. The role also involves responsibility to oversee various day to day operational needs including equipment maintenance, systems issues and/or troubleshooting, contractor liaison and so forth, with the support of the Health & Fitness Manager and/or Member Services Coordinator.
The Health and Fitness Instructor will also work closely with colleagues in the Health & Fitness department as well as in planning and delivering a calendar of member activities and events that form part of the engagement and retention strategy.
You will be:
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with students, members, and participants.
- High level customer service and relationship management skills.
- Experience working semi-autonomously in a busy fitness centre, solving problems and overcoming challenges on a daily basis.
- A highly motivated team player who thrives on working collaboratively with colleagues to create a vision and make it happen.
- Qualified in Certificate 3 in Fitness, current registration with Fitness Australia, and hold a current First Aid & CPR certificate.
- Exercise Science or related tertiary qualification, Certificate 4 Trainer & Assessor is highly desirable.
- The opportunity to work with a truly passionate and energised team.
- The opportunity to make this role your own and bring new ideas, vision and creativity to the business.
- An environment in which we embrace challenging ourselves and each other. Without challenge - there is no growth.