At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC)
The Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) is the centrepiece of the Latrobe Valley.
The centre will feature a range of facilities for competitive swimming, leisure, general community use and major regional events, including an eight-lane 50-metre indoor swimming pool with 500 spectator seats.
The GRAC will also include:
- Indoor water play zone
- Warm water therapy pool with spa
- Designated learn to swim pool
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Wellness centre
- Café and retail precinct
- Gymnasium and group fitness rooms
- Wet and dry change facilities
- 25-metre outdoor pool
- Geothermal heating
- 2 large water slides
Key Elements of the Role
The Senior Coordinator is an integral part of the facility leadership team and will manage and lead teams of employees in assigned areas and ensure that the delivery of the programs and services meets agreed standards. They will lead, inspire, and motivate teams through clear and achievable team goals and ensure high standards of implementation of Policies and Procedures.
This position requires leadership and motivation in a challenging environment and will require excellent customer service and leadership ability skills.
The Senior Centre Coordinator will be responsible for the following areas:
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrate YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
Knowledge and Experience
- Leadership experience - minimum 2 years
- Relevant tertiary degree; or approved equivalent
- Sport and Recreation and/or Facility Operations experience is desirable
- Approachable and personable.
- Customer-focused approach
- Passionate about leadership and developing staff
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- Current Working with Children Card, or approved equivalent.
- HLCPR201A Perform CPR
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- SISSS00111 Pool Lifeguard Skill Set (desirable)
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.