At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC)
The Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) is the centrepiece of the Latrobe Valley.
The centre will feature a range of facilities for competitive swimming, leisure, general community use and major regional events, including an eight-lane 50-metre indoor swimming pool with 500 spectator seats.
The GRAC will also include:
- Indoor water play zone
- Warm water therapy pool with spa
- Designated learn to swim pool
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Wellness centre
- Café and retail precinct
- Gymnasium and group fitness rooms
- Wet and dry change facilities
- 25-metre outdoor pool
- Geothermal heating
- 2 large water slides
Key Elements of the Role
The position will provide leadership and direction to all Group Fitness Instructors, Health and Fitness Professionals including Personal Trainers, while providing a high quality and robust programming schedule, focusing of driving participation and member retention.
The Health and Wellness Coordinator will ensure all members are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided whilst offering the highest possible level of service and member experience.
The Health and Wellness Coordinator will possess strong communications skills, a positive and accommodating manner, will continue to strive for implementing innovative unique programs, systems and technology into the health club.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values and vision
- Promote and accept personal accountability to better influence
- Provide continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
- Support a culture of continuous learning and development across the team
- Excellent communication, leadership, time management and organisation skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated track record in managing and leading teams
- Experience in a variety of health and wellness programs
- Demonstrated track record in implementation and continuous improvement of Health and Wellness programs
- Innovation of new programs and community engagement
- Performs in a way that inspires and motivates the team to do their best
- Friendly and approachable, with a strong customer focus
- Enjoys working with a wide variety of staff and customer demographics
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
- HLTFA301B Apply first aid or equivalent
- HLTCPR201A Perform CPR or equivalent
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness (desirable/working towards)
- Current registration with a fitness body
- Working with Children Check
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- a national criminal history check
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas
- holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws
- ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Two reference checks
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.