The Bulleen-Templestowe Basketball Club (known on court as the Bulleen Boomers) has been operating in the Bulleen, Templestowe and surrounding suburbs of outer- eastern Melbourne for over 40 years. The club provides extensive opportunities for players and officials to develop their potential and to excel in all levels of the sport. Participation at junior level in training programs, clinics, tournaments and leagues provide those with the desire and capability to achieve a great opportunity to progress through the club and play at the senior elite level. The club is committed to reinforcing that competing in sport is fun and enjoyable experience and that 'being a good sport' should and must be the norm rather than an exemption.
You can find more information about Bulleen Boomers here - bulleenboomers.com.au
What are Bulleen Boomers looking for in their General Manager?
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the club on behalf of the Board of management. The General Manager is accountable for managing the profitability and successful operations of all aspects of the club ensuring member value is maximised. You are required to report to the club's board of directors and on a day-to-day basis take direction from the club's President.
- Empower and encourage staff (paid & volunteer)
- Be a leader within the club
- Be an active member of the BTBC community - seek to engage and inspire community members
- Ensure the successful operations of all aspects of the club
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure all budgets are managed effectively
Volunteers & Staff Management
- Supervision of all paid staff
- Working in close collaboration with the Director of Coaching to maximise club opportunities
- Engage and develop volunteers to run programs
Sponsor & Stakeholder Management
- Work with the Board to develop sponsorship opportunities
- Represent the club in meetings with sponsors, council and local community stakeholders and in relevant meetings with other sporting bodies (e.g. Basketball Victoria & Australia)
You will be expected to have -
- Extensive experience in similar sporting environment
- Experience in leading a member focused organisation
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- In line with new strategic plan, have the ability to influence and build relationships with leaders across the community, the club, stakeholders, sponsors, councils, Basketball VIC etc.
- Demonstrated experience in compliance, developing policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in financial management
- Experience in managing diverse staffing groups and volunteers
You will -
- Be able to express ideas and concepts clearly, effectively both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Awareness of current issues impacting on sporting clubs
- Resilient, dynamic and engaging individual with political maturity, patience and diplomacy skills
- Have an empathy for volunteerism
- Be a confident communicator, able to represent the organisation at the highest level
- Take projects from concept to delivery, and successful completion
Other Information -
- A competitive salary will be offered dependent on skills and experience
- Normal working hours are during Monday to Friday, due to the nature of the duties this role covers working hours will need to be flexible to attend club competitions and other meetings (including weekend and evenings)
- Travel in the performance of this role is required, including some interstate travel
- As soon as agreeable after commencement date annual KPI's will be established.
This role is being managed exclusively by Left Field Sports Solutions.
To have a confidential discussion contact Paul Bruce from Left Field Sports Solutions on 0407 426 592.
When submitting your application please include the following;
- a covering letter
- your resume
- an indication of the remuneration you are expecting
Applications close at 5:00pm 25 January