Brisbane Grammar School is a non-denominational boys’ school of about 1700 students (Years 5-12) situated in Spring Hill. The School maintains a 150-year strong tradition of academic excellence, an extensive cocurricular program, and student wellbeing programs across the school and Boarding facility. We are fortunate to have a team of dedicated and professional staff who provide an exceptional learning environment which is responsive to the needs of our students.
The Brisbane Grammar School Swimming Program operates all year round, providing aquatic coaching services to BGS students and the wider community. The program’s primary business is to provide quality aquatic coaching and instruction to all BGS students enrolled in years 5 to 12. We also strive to provide a complete developmental pathway for all athletes from stroke development to high performance.
The key responsibilities within this role will pivot between being the Coordinator of Middle School Swimming and Assistant Coach Swimming. Within this the incumbent will:
- Lead the facilitation and operation of the BGS Middle School GPS Swimming Program.
- Assist in providing leadership and mentoring to all BGS Swimming Program squad coaches.
- Provide high quality coaching, whilst delivering a planned and graduated training program to Brisbane Grammar School Students and assisting the BGS Swimming Program as directed by the Head Coach
- Liaise with GPS Program Leader and Swimming Club Director & Head Coach on needs of individual students, ensuring a holistic approach to student well-being.
- Assist the Swimming Club Director & Head Coach with all operational & administrational requirements of the BGS Swimming
Brisbane Grammar School is currently seeking an experienced professional to join the team on a fixed-term basis.
The Successful Candidate
You will be skilled professional with excellent communication and teamworking skills. You will also have superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence and create high performing teams
Essential perquisites for the role:
- Bronze License accredited swim coach with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a State/National Age training/competition environment
- Proven experience in coaching swimmers aged 10 years and over
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR/Resuscitation Certificate
Desirable prerequisites for the role:
- Successful campaign delivery at a State & National Level
- Silver License accredited swim coach with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a State/National Age/Open training/competition environment
- Demonstrated management skills including the ability to plan strategically, to monitor and evaluate squad swimming programs
- Up to date with current trends and practices in elite sports coaching
- Experience in staff management including leadership, staff training and rostering
Applicants for all positions must be eligible for a positive notice and a blue card through the Department of Justice and Attorney-General. Candidates must disclose any information relevant to their suitability to work with or around children.