- Lead and grow a healthy and evolving sport organisation
- ‘Hands-on’ business operations and event management position
- $80,000 pa + superannuation
Triathlon ACT (TACT) is the peak sporting organisation responsible for the development, promotion and governance of the sport of triathlon, duathlon, aquathon and multisport in the ACT. TACT is a not for profit organisation which is governed by the TACT Board and is a member of the national body, Triathlon Australia (TA). Supporting 13 clubs, TACT provides participation, sport development, education and performance programs and events, with a family focused, community driven and inclusive environment.
The Executive Director is accountable to the TACT Board through the President; however is responsive to the TA CEO and National Leadership Team.
The primary purpose of the Executive Director is to, through leadership excellence:
- Advance the strategic direction of TACT
- Manage the day-to-day operations of TACT efficiently and effectively in conjunction with the TACT Board and in line with agreed policies and directions
Key aspects of the role are:
- ensuring the effective relationships with key stakeholders and the management of resources to achieve the objectives of TACT
- high operational capabilities, with a focus on growth and sustainability of triathlon within ACT
- an ability to balance working autonomously with leading, contributing to and being part of the team both locally and nationally
This ‘hands-on’ role requires an energetic and innovative leader with strong communication skills who is able to engage and work collaboratively with a diverse stakeholder group and develop and nurture key relationships within the triathlon community, including volunteers.
The successful candidate will be tertiary qualified, with senior experience within the sporting or event management industry, and the ability to strategically navigate the complexities of the local and national sporting landscape. The person must be decisive and tenacious with a demonstrated commitment to delivering both growth and a member service support focus which is built on inclusivity and camaraderie. Experience within not for profit and/or membership based organisations would be an advantage.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a healthy and evolving sport organisation and would suit a candidate who has previous business leadership experience or a senior manager ready for the next step into this ‘hands-on’ leadership role. If you are looking for an exciting new challenge in your career then apply now!