At Netball Queensland we have an ambitious vision of becoming a world-class sports organisation, respected for transforming lives through netball.
To achieve this, Netball Queensland must push the limits. We therefore need extraordinary people to take our sport into uncharted territory. Shaping a performance culture and delivering world class performance starts with assembling the right team and creating an environment where that team can thrive.
We are super proud of our history-making Queensland Firebirds team. We are determined to continue to be the number 1 sport for women and girls in Queensland and we couldn’t be more excited about our amazing home - the $45million state-of-the-art Nissan Arena. The next few years are game changing for us, and we need the right team in place to make the most of these opportunities.
This incredible career opportunity - Queensland Firebirds Team Manager - will be the primary communication conduit between athletes, coaches, support staff and management on general team matters and will coordinate the day to day logistical and operational team requirements of the Queensland Firebirds inclusive of ensuring all relevant policies, processes and procedures are followed and that communication to relevant parties is consistent, transparent and timely.
Whilst not an exhaustive list, the primary responsibilities of this critical role at our Club are:
- Coordinate all facets of ‘off court’ team operations and logistics including but not limited to training sessions, recovery sessions, travel arrangements and match day requirements.
- In consultation with the Head of Performance and Firebirds Head Coach ensure all logistical and operational aspects of the Firebirds preseason camp and in-season program are organised and communicated to relevant athletes, coaches and support staff.
- Attend all Firebirds team meeting, training sessions, functions and events and perform duties as required including ensuring that players and staff are aware of, and adhere to, relevant uniform and behaviour standards and policies.
- Attend all Firebirds preseason, regular season and finals series home and away matches and perform duties as required.
- Ensure that the team adheres to all relevant timelines in regard to travel and game days and assist this process through the provision of concise and extensive run sheets.
- Be the primary communication point between program management and the team in relation to team operational requirements.
- Provide Suncorp Super Netball with relevant information and communication as required and requested.
- Provide assistance as and when required in regard to aspects of the program including but not limited to, team uniform, sponsor obligations and player appearances.
- Be responsible for all team uniforms and equipment including its sizing, orddering, distribution and collection.
- Assist in the development of, and ensure adherence to, appropriate operational plans and budgets in relation to the Firebirds program.
The values of our organization are core to all recruitment. How we want to shape our organisation:
- Trust - is the “spine” of how we operate. Trust means honest conversations and no “triangles”. It means trusting each other - not that we aren’t human and never make mistakes but trusting that we each do our very best. And trusting that our peers will also call us out if we need it.
- Collaborative – we are not massive fans of traditional hierarchy. Clear roles yes, but a spirit of contribution, of “side over self” and two heads are better than one.
- Brave – to transform lives and to lead our sport into the future we will need to make brave decisions, we will need courage to take risks and the resilience to convert failure into fuel.
- Authentic – we each have so much to give, and to receive, if we show up. Be real, share our failures and successes, share our learnings. Show up. Find your voice. Own it.
- Inclusive – diversity is a strength and we must get better at it. Whether it is our First Nations people or including men and boys, inclusion and diversity is our future.
- Innovative – relentless pursuit of learning and continual improvement, creation of a safe space for ideas to be born and tested and learnings captured.