- Energetic, fun and positive work environment
- Development Opportunity
- $59K p.a. + super
About the Role
This permanent full-time supervisory position assists the Aquatics Programs Team Leader with building and developing industry leading aquatic programs.
Daily you will be responsible for the administration of the schools swimming program, venue hire, carnivals and birthday parties. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring team leader.
Key responsibilities of the position include but not limited to:
- Administration of the GEL swim programs, schools swimming programs, venue hire, birthday parties and school carnivals.
- Respond to enquiries and customer feedback relating to aquatic programs
- To deliver training and development programs to staff as required.
- Act as a liaison on pool deck, providing customer service to Swim School members, parents, schools and party participants.
- Ensure that all classes are taught in a consistent and professional manner
- Perform class assessments on new and existing Swim School members.
- Create and manage rosters for the schools program and birthday parties.
- Undertake regular aquatic education teacher shifts as required.
You might be someone wanting to take the next step in your career in the aquatic industry or someone looking for a change.
The key things for us are that you strive to deliver great customer service, are hardworking, solutions oriented, and want to help create exceptional aquatic programs for our community.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- The ability to work flexible hours including weekends, mornings and evenings.
- Experience in aquatic education programs
- High quality customer service skills
- Experience in supervising team members
- Well-developed problem-solving and attention to detail skills.
- Sound negotiation skills and the ability to diplomatically handle conflict both from staff and customers.
- The following certifications:
- Provide First Aid with current CPR (or willing to obtain)
- Austswim/Swim Australia Certificate of Swimming and Water Safety
Please note that applicants must be willing to undergo a police records check, work based medical and hold or be willing to obtain an Employee Working with Children Check for the purposes of employment.
About Glen Eira Leisure
Glen Eira Leisure (GEL) owns and operates three industry leading aquatic and recreation facilities. We pride ourselves on providing cutting edge services to all ages and members of the community. With over 1.7 million attendances annually, our popular facilities are widely used by the local and regional community. Our health club at GESAC was the first centre in Australia to receive the Fitness Australia accreditation.
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees.
We encourage applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including: people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and LGBTIQ and gender diverse people. We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.
Glen Eira City Council is committed to reconciliation and supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the recruitment process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on T: (03) 9524 3333 or E: MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au