PCYC NSW is a charity empowering young people to reach their potential through Police and community partnerships. For more than 83 years, PCYC has been building capacity in the communities we serve across regional and metropolitan NSW. PCYC is an inclusive organisation, striving to service the broad sport and recreational needs of all community members in the 65 locations in which we operate.
Working closely with Police and volunteers, our staff contribute to the positive development of over 70,000 youth members through mainstream sport, recreation, education, leadership and cultural activities. PCYC provides pathways for athletes to participate in elite competition and opportunities for leadership, development, employment and coaching opportunities for young people. PCYC also works with vulnerable youth with a specific focus on breaking the cycle of disadvantage through targeted crime prevention, vocational education, youth capacity building and social responsibility programs. Working at PCYC is an opportunity to contribute to the local community and improve outcomes for many people young people across NSW.
- $23.78 per hour plus casual loading
Do you enjoy variety, from reception and administration to sports activities with children and young people? This is just what you have been looking for. We are looking for staff who have flexibility and the ability to adapt and operate effectively in a demanding and changing environment and the capacity to operate as a collaborative and team orientated person in a professional work environment.
To be successful you will have: -
- Experience in delivering youth sporting activities
- The ability to develop an effective working relationship and rapport with members
- Undertake responsibility, as a Coach, for the care of young people
- A strong interest in one or more sports with appropriate game and team building skills for coaching purposes.
- Attainment or currently working towards an appropriate coaching accreditation.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on building and maintaining quality relationships with all members of the community.
Why you should apply
If you have a passion for sport, recreation and youth engagement the PCYC, established in 1937, will provide a vibrant environment for you to challenge yourself with meaningful work.
Our staff benefit from affordable health insurance, uniforms and access to a wide range of training. COME AND JOIN US!!
We get young people active in life
We develop their skills, character and Leadership
We reduce and prevent crime by and against young people