As a Lifeguard or Program Instructor, you will be responsible for supervising the aquatic activities of patrons and conduct swim classes and look after their health, fitness, and wellbeing. You will also use your experience to aid in emergency rescues and first aid.
What kind of responsibilities will I have?
- Conducting Learn to Swim classes for various ages and levels;
- General cleaning and maintenance of the facility as required;
- Carry out rescues and provide emergency assistance;
- Undertake general administration/front desk duties as required;
- Contribute to coordination and programming of swimming programs;
- Upholding set operational procedures, including water testing and temperature and plant and equipment maintenance, opening and closing procedures of the aquatic centre; and
- Participate in regular in-housing training.
What are the benefits of this role?
- Generous hourly rate - $36.25 + superannuation
- Commencement date - ASAP for 6 months (subject to business requirements)
- Minimum 20 hours a week with a flexible/rotating roster
- Quarterly Aquatic Staff Professional Development planning sessions and ongoing training
- Potential pathway to Council for qualifying candidates
What kind of experience/skillset are you looking for?
- Previous experience working in an aquatic environment in a similar position is essential;
- Minimum of 12 months learn to swim teaching experience for the Program Instructor;
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to function well within a team environment;
- Administration or Reception experience would be advantageous;
- Ability to follow industry guidelines and program procedures;
- Point of Sale (POS) and/or cash handling skills is highly desirable;
Mandatory Qualifications / Accreditations
- Applied First Aid Certificate;
- Working with Children Blue Card - must be obtained prior to starting work;
- Resuscitation Certificate;
- RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Certificate;
- AUSTSWIM or Swim Australia Accreditation is essential (for Program Instructors)
- Pool Operators Certificate would be a benefit; and
- Certificate III or IV in Fitness or equivalent would be advantageous.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to undergo a functional assessment and be assessed as being able to meet the functional requirements of the position. It is a requirement to be listed on-call roster to provide necessary backup and coverage on weekends.