- Do you have strong experience in media management and extensive knowledge of the media industry?
- Do you have extensive writing, interviewing and video production skills?
- Are you someone with exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills?
About the role
Use your energy and creativity to tell the stories of Tasmanian cricket through traditional and new media. You will create engaging written, photographic and video content to be distributed through Cricket Tasmania and Hobart Hurricanes digital and marketing channels and manage the day-to-day relationships with state and national sports media. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to maximise media coverage and assist in communications planning for cross-organisation projects. You will use your self-starting and negotiation skills during the Big Bash season as you manage all aspects of media and broadcast liaison for the men’s and women’s Hobart Hurricanes teams across all matches in Tasmania and around the country, as well as with the Tasmanian Tigers and opposing teams during the WNCL, Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cups.
- You have a relevant degree and/or experience in media and/or digital media (preferably in the sporting industry)
- You are a passionate story-teller
- You have previous experience in photography and videography, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have advanced content development experience, including proficiency in design programs
- You are a self-starter and work well independently and as part of a team
- You are relationship-driven and a balanced negotiator
- You are able to travel with the teams during the cricket season and work outside normal office hours
Bonus points if
- You have an understanding of the sports industry
- You work well within a diverse team environment
- You can think outside the square
What’s in it for you?
Be part of an encouraging and successful sporting organisation. Build your skills in a high-performing and professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve. Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community. Plus, employee benefits including a flexible working environment, potential learning and development opportunities, access to a national network via the Australian Cricket family, world-class facilities in a stunning location, and the odd ticket to the cricket.
About our team
Cricket Tasmania supports cricket throughout Tasmania from our elite professional teams to community, school, and social cricket. You are joining a team that is smart and energetic. We are focused and motivated - we deeply enjoy the work that we do and the impact it has in the community. We inspire the next generation of players and fans.
To discuss the opportunity further please call Tim Lovibond on 0427 903 165.
Applications close 16 August 2020.
At Cricket Tasmania, we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket. We also believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re open to discussing your needs, just let us know. We measure ourselves on our behaviours - “How We Play”; our people value being real, smashing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.